Bronze Member
Dec 16, 2015
Baltimore
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, BH Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First hunt was on Jan 03, it gave up few things, among a wheat, an earring, and a 1943 P war nickel, this my third year in a row scoring silver on my first year hunt.
IMG_E4394.jpg
Subsequent hunts have yielded more coins, 1906 and 1908 Indians, some wheats, among a 1909 S, but not VDB. Another 1943 P war nickel ( Silver # 2 for the year ) , some buffaloes, a transit token, etc. I Picked up the silver 1958 S quarter from a roll when i stopped to get something to eat from my sisters lunch truck.
IMG_E4395.jpg
IMG_E4398.jpg
IMG_E4400.jpg
Many relics, old cuff links, collar stud, religious pendants, marbles, a nice Devil Dogs ring, research says it dates from the mid 1930s it came inside quaker oats boxes.
IMG_E4401.jpg
HH n GL to all.

Last edited:
Upvote 30
Nice variety of finds. Cool looking coins and I always like finding marbles. Congrats

Yes I also have a thing for those round friends, takes me back to my childhood playing with my friends after school

Heck ya 8R. Way to go on finding that 1909 S wheat. That's a great find, even without the VDB. I found a 1909 plain last year, was pretty bummed it wasn't the real deal, especially where I'm at. Finding a 1908 S Indian or 1909 S Indian or Wheat would be awesome. Well done!

W this spot is producing lots of late Indians post 1905 but not any 08, 09 S so far.
Im sure u will find one of these any day.

congrats on the coins and relics. I have dug two 1909's but both bare, still looking for the S and VDB. HH

I think i have a also found 1909 plains, but unsure how many. I do want to go through my wheats and see what else I have

I have a 1909 vdb with no S do you wanna sell that S lol Great start for 2019 keep at it
Lol, or how much are u looking to get for ur VDB initials ?

Very Nice Fine's

Nice array of finds. Good stuff to start the year off.

Jer

I hadn't noticed that you pulled this from a park in Baltimore. I wonder how (un)common they were in the East before coin boards with mint marks in the 1930s started people culling them from circulation. Yours proves there were some!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back