First 3 Hunts

jld2112

Jul 19, 2006
After having a MD for a good number of years and never using it a lot a friend of mine just recently purchased one and I'm actually going some places with mine now. Our first hunt was last Tuesday night (7-18-06). We decided to run to a local lake and try out the "beach/party" area. We knew that this would not be the best place ... but we knew we'd find something and truthfully for our first hunt I don't think either of us really cared what it was ;)

displayimage.php

(We did find a penny that's not in the picture)

We decided that Saturday we would go to a small town about 25 minutes from here where my mom's family lived. I spent a lot of time there as a kid and new most of the area pertty well. My wife also went with us and since she grew up in the town she could show us some more spots. We ended up at an old park were my wife told us there used to be many a birthday party held. We found a total of 99 cents !!

displayimage.php

For a very short time we also hunted around the baseball field and concession stand with no luck. By this time it was getting HOT (about 107), late in the day and we still wanted to drive and scope out some more possible sites.

I decide to go this evening (7-24-06) and try my luck at a local picnic/playground here in town and see what happens. Ended up with 21 cents.

displayimage.php

The ground is SO hard here right now. Here, like so many other places, has been without rain for such a long time the ground is like rock. My poor little spade just would not cut it. (I guess I'll have to get a small pick axe of some sort) The place I was actually able to dig was about 7-10 feet off a tree that had had a sprinkler left on for a while so the ground was softer. I had a great number of hits so I will go back after some rain.

Picked up a bunch of bottle tops off the top of the ground and decided to call it a night. All in all we've had alot of fun. I betting that my MD stays in the car now all the time. Now it's time for more research, thinking about places to go and buying that small pick axe :) !!!!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
J

jld2112

Jul 19, 2006
Ok ... I'll just post the pics here (ooops)

Attachments

• 7-24-06-junk.JPG
    7-24-06-junk.JPG
    14.1 KB · Views: 376
  • 7-22-06.JPG
    7-22-06.JPG
    8.5 KB · Views: 420
  • 7-24-06.JPG
    7-24-06.JPG
    9 KB · Views: 366

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey, any clad is better than no clad

HH
-GC

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you're having fun 21~! ;)

Welcome to the forum. :)

Nana

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
It's good to have your metal detector with you at all times,but I never leave mine in the car. It's not good to have the detector remain in extreme heat or cold, so I take it out when I'm done for the day. I'm sure there are people that leave them in the trunk of their car but I like to be safe with mine even thoug it's not an expensive one.

Glad you had a lot of fun and keep detecting. :)

jorge del norte

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2005
nc
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex - Tesoro Conquistador Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
check the playground chip areas...........lots of change and sometimes jewelry!!!!

R

realmhunter

Nice finds.. Keep your spirits up.. It will work out in the end..RH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread