First 50 cent piece!!!!

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
Yayyyyyyyyyy.........probably not a big deal to most here but hey, I'm excited! I found this 50 cent piece at the state fairground I hunt frequently. my detector always tells me its a 50 cent or dollar coin when in fact its a smashed can top. This time it seemed to ring in louder with a definite repeat signal so I dug and there it was a 1776-1976 Kennedy. We had alot of rain yesterday so the ground was very soaked and I got many more hits on dimes, quarters ect. vrs pennies. Cant wait for tommorow morning, Im going back for more!

Attachments

• buckle2 007.jpg
    buckle2 007.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 739
  • buckle2 008.jpg
    buckle2 008.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 737
Upvote 0

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shane,

You probably got webbed feet by now with all this rain we've been getting. ;D Sure makes finding & digging easier if you don't mind getting muddy and muddier. I found a '91 quarter in my yard and the color is almost the same as your half dollar. Still a great find for ya, I may just scoot over your way and help you out. :D

;) RR

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
That's awesome! I remember finding my first one. I was blown away by the fact that someone could lose such a large coin on a soccer field (hard as a brick) and then, wiggle it's way down about 3 inches! Congrats to you! Hope you find lots more.

HH,
Moon

OP
OP
shanegalang

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the cpngrats guys! River Rat, I sure wish you would come down here and help me dig all this stuff out of there. I found an old belt buckle yesterday and a watch today and alot of clad!

Master Sarge

Feb 23, 2007
SW Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra V3 / 6x10" DD & 10" DD Coils / Bullseye II Probe
That is a big deal, I sure have not found one of those yet. Great job!!!

imafishingnutt

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2007
Superior Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Tesoro, Whites DFX, Nokta Impact Pro, Ace 400.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WHAT DO YOU MEAN>
not a big deal
I remember my own post and several others on tnet on thier first half.
mine was a 1971
FEELS GOOD DONT IT
I have found 2 now
that one is just the ice breaker
you will find more now

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread