First AT Pro find

neodetectorist

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2016
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro W Stock coil, Fisher F2 W 8" Concentric and 9.5" NEL DD, XPointer pin pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My AT Pro came and like a kid at Christmas I ran outside to my yard, did a ground balance of 88, Standard Zero Mode, disc at 30 and literally my 4 swing I hit over a repeatable 82 signal at 6" and thought "darn" that sounds good.
Flipped the plug and swing over it with the same 82. Pin pointed and couldn't believe it.
Just a 45 wheatie but this one is going in my coin binder and treated like my best silvers.
You would have thought I found GOLD.

This is a good sign and I am very excited to take this AT Pro to all my areas I did very well with my Fisher F2.
Most of The Clad I found with the F2 actually paid for the AT Pro.

CDF6DC06-63C5-4EC2-8050-E85FABFF5932.jpeg 312190D3-4F02-4E86-935E-60B7E471A1CD.jpeg

Upvote 21

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing better than Christmas presents in spring. Congrats!

glenn37216

Apr 8, 2012
Hendersonville , TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, FISHER F75 Limited Edition, Teknetics EuroTek Pro, Garrett Ace150, 250,400i, Minelabs E-trac, Minelabs Equinox 600, Whites 6000D, DFX Pro,Bounty Hunter All -out of text space.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
..Welcome fellow AT Pro owner ! Try to get used to hunting in all metal Pro mode with no iron discrimination. You will absolutely love it because it is a Relic finding beast . I use the Cors Scout coil on mine and have done a direct comparison to the depth it gets to the Max and Gold. I can go several inches deeper and my discrimination is a tad better. An upgraded coil would really make your AT Pro shine. Congrats again on the finds and the more you use your NEW DETECTOR the more you'll love it. ;P

Last edited:

gusnuts

Mar 10, 2017
East Coast
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO, PRO-POINTER AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! I started with a F2 and went to an AT-PRO as well. Night and day for me... The AT-Pro has really impressed me and I definitely recommend trying to learn in Pro mode. HH

KenG

Mar 16, 2018
East TN
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cutlass II, Land Ranger Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats. That's a sweet find.

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
OLE ABE ..............

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats, and if you want to kick ^$$ (jewelry and coins) with your ATPro, go full iron discrimination (40), sensitivity all the way up, and Pro Zero mode . Of course, if you want the iron relics, don't discriminate. Best of luck. Sub 8-)

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good Omen, wheat in the 1st plug. :hello2: Enjoy your AT Pro, it has quite a following.

BTV Digger

Jul 24, 2014
Northern VT
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro; Fisher F2; Tesoro Silver UMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I also went from an F-2 to an AT-Pro last year. The F-2 is one of the best entry level machines out there imo and I've found a number of great old relics, silver and colonial coins with it. It's still my back-up machine today! The AT-Pro is a nice step up though. Best of luck with your new machine.

John

Silvermonkey

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You are going to absolutely LOVE the AT Pro. Shortly after I purchased one, I switched over to the 5x8 coil. This smaller coil helped a great deal with the balance and feel of the machine overall. Good luck!

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Always great to haul in that first find with a fresh machine!

Nicely done, and all the best,

Lanny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread