First at the field

undertaker

May 26, 2006
Green Mountains of Vermont
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and Whites Bullseye II Pinpointer
I alway dream about being the first one to walk this field but no matter how hard I try it just never happens. Ive hit it a day break ( just about dark) and meant headhunters already on the site waiting for daylight. Out of respect of first come first serve I back off and let them have the site. Today My brother and I hit it first with no tell tale foot prints. Just tilled, no wash dry as a bone. Cant see crap! I mean chips. I said this suck lets hit the road and try another. He said go to where you know the most chips are and give it a look. We checked a small knoll and within mintues my brow pulled a perfect arcahic otter creek spear point and a nice stem bird point.....I found alot of broken stuff but did find a cool ottercreek spearpoint that was worked into a scraper. By the way a older man walked into the site he was very friendly and we talked arrowheads for a bit. He walked to the same knoll we were on and within mintues pull a nice brewerton point.

Attachments

• 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 269
Upvote 0

badandy

Aug 31, 2005
Collinsville, IL.
Not bad Undertaker! How big is the scraper? I went hunting today and found a small piece of pottery and thats pretty much it. Oh well there's always next time!
badandy

ohioriver hunter

Apr 12, 2007
undertaker said:
I alway dream about being the first one to walk this field but no matter how hard I try it just never happens. Ive hit it a day break ( just about dark) and meant headhunters already on the site waiting for daylight. Out of respect of first come first serve I back off and let them have the site. Today My brother and I hit it first with no tell tale foot prints. Just tilled, no wash dry as a bone. Cant see crap! I mean chips. I said this suck lets hit the road and try another. He said go to where you know the most chips are and give it a look. We checked a small knoll and within mintues my brow pulled a perfect arcahic otter creek spear point and a nice stem bird point.....I found alot of broken stuff but did find a cool ottercreek spearpoint that was worked into a scraper. By the way a older man walked into the site he was very friendly and we talked arrowheads for a bit. He walked to the same knoll we were on and within mintues pull a nice brewerton point.
know the feelin about being the first to hit a feild ,nice finds ,the broken stuff alone would be a good day hh orh

steve71

Bronze Member
May 9, 2007
TX
hell with that let them hite the field alone.not me bubba lol.fields are big enough for everybody.you can also meet people that collect also and i enjoy seeing others artifacts.some people are buttheads but most are friendly.walked out to this guy tells me i better go. i looked at him rolled my eyes and kept alookin.i knew he was not the owner.

Attachments

• DSC03338.JPG
    DSC03338.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 163

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread