First bag of halves

conpewter

Aug 17, 2010
Illinois
Got my first bag of halves ever from a bank.

I've been looking for a new order bank now that I'm getting back into the hobby. No luck yet on that, but stopped at a 5/3rd and the teller looked around for halves and then went out and looked in their coin machine, score! Never had a bank that would sell me a bag off the machine, I was really happy but tried to not show it and be very polite.

Paid $391.50 for the bag, found 6 90% and 10 40% halves! Great haul for me. one was a 1950 D Franklin. Replaced each half I picked out, (also had 4 bent pennies and a bent dime). Turned the bag in and got $389 for it, so not too bad.

Upvote 0

norcalsteve

Sep 30, 2013
Petaluma, CA
Detector(s) used
36" Bazooka Prospector, Gold-n-Sand hand dredge
Congrats on the score.
You returned the bag to the same bank that you got it from?

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You found a bank that will sell partial bags off a counter? That is R-A-R-E!

OP
OP
conpewter

conpewter

Aug 17, 2010
Illinois
That's one of the banks we have here out east.
Exactly, the Third National Bank merged with the Fifth national bank and instead of being creative with the name they just became Fifth Third Bank.

I'm not sure I'll ever get another bag from them but I figure I'll check back in a month. I don't want to pester, but I don't want them to forget me either. I do have a savings account with them :)

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like the teller is really helpful. It may take a while for the bag to fill up, but ask the teller to let you know when it does. If he forgets you can just check in with him in a month or so.

Well done

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great haul, it was well deserved, good luck with your hunts in the future!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions