First Barber Half found CRHing for me

silverfinder37

Mar 24, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
looking for an Explorer
OK folks Finally found one a 1904 O Barber Half. Took me probably 120 boxes or more but I got one :)
I was so excited when I found it in the second roll out of 6 boxes for Monday, sad to say there was only 12 keepers in all six boxes for Monday to include the barber. Tuesdays 4 boxes where a total skunk a first for me to have all boxes in a day be total skunk, they where clearly searched halves as they where marked heavily probably 50-60 coins marked per box and the rolls where freshly rolled if you know what I mean, I can tell ( at least I think I can ) older rolls tend to unwrap different than freshly rolled rolls. I have 2 boxes to pick up today and I am hoping that they have better results than yesterday :) and then Thursday I have 6 more boxes to pick up do to my main pick up bank has changed from Monday to Thursday and so I will be doubling up this week :) 18 boxes in one week is hard to get rid of, but the system of dumping I have seems to be working for me as I never go to the same bank to dump more than once every 3 to 4 weeks.
Well I have rambled enough just wanted to share my barber with you guys and gals and show you that it sometimes takes alot of going through coins to get profittable results.
Best Regards, Ray

Attachments

• 1904barberhalf1.jpg
    1904barberhalf1.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 207
  • 1904barberhalf2.jpg
    1904barberhalf2.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 208
Upvote 0

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Great find SF ! Still looking for my first Barber; but than again; I've "only" searched less than 70 boxes. 8)

Kudos and continued good hunting.

RaptorSE

Sep 13, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE SunRay X-1
Way to go man - Love the Barbers !

Wow you do alot of searching LOL I choked a little when you said 18 boxes
in one week hahaha.

On a side note, my skunk trend ended today. My bank changed carriers !! No
idea why, but they gots silver in their boxes LOL. Only through 2 of the 4, so
will post later with totals. ( nothing amazing, but better than skunks )

Happy searchin'

OP
OP
silverfinder37

silverfinder37

Mar 24, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
looking for an Explorer
Thanks everyone!
I do not normally go through 18 boxes but this week is an exception :)
normal week is 8-10 boxes.
On that note 2 boxes today and 4 yesterday where total skunks :(
Oh well there is silver out there or my name ain't silverfinder37 :P
Best Regards, Ray

tw656

Jan 13, 2007
Man your a CRH machine. Great find! according to pcgs even in good condition the barber $27. Not sure if yours qualifies for good or not. But Id take it anytime. ;D

prizm II

Dec 21, 2006
Detector(s) used
whites prizm II
Congrats on the Barber :) With 8-10 boxes a week, you must get some great silver finds, is CRH mostly for fun or profit? With me its mostly fun for now but I will pay some bills with my 40% silver later this year. Silver will be above $15 an ounce, right?

OP
OP
silverfinder37

silverfinder37

Mar 24, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
looking for an Explorer
prizm II said:
Congrats on the Barber :) With 8-10 boxes a week, you must get some great silver finds, is CRH mostly for fun or profit? With me its mostly fun for now but I will pay some bills with my 40% silver later this year. Silver will be above $15 an ounce, right?
I just sold about 3000.00 worth of halves before the lastest dive. Some analyist are saying $20.00 an ounce this year :) That would make my new truck come even quicker. I do it for fun and for the profit also.
Thanks, Ray

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread