First Barber...

Swartzie

Mar 15, 2009
Tuscarawas County, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I've been hunting for about a year now and a barber has been on my list of coins to bag. Today was the day I bagged one. It's a 1912-d dime. She was only down about 2-3 inches. Found it at an old park that has given me several mercury dimes and a bunch of wheat's. It was the last thing I found as I was heading out of the park. What a nice way to end a hunt and a nice way to start the season.

Thanks for looking.
-Swartzie

Attachments

• barber dime.jpg
    barber dime.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 611
Upvote 0
love finding them barbers!!! way to go!!!!!! MR TUFFF

Great find. I'm still waiting to find my first one too.
:hello: HH in 2010 :hello2:
KW

Wow barbers at 3", I would POUND that park!!

Nice find, keep 'em coming, love barbers :headbang:

HH,
Brian

Nice silver Barber :icon_thumleft: last year at a old Estate i was just leaving along the driveway i got a good signal it showed dime 3 inches deep what it was a 1912 S Barber my first and last so far .
Good Hunt :thumbsup:

great find! isn't it odd how sometimes old coins are so shallow? I dug an 1892 last year that was maybe 2" deep

congrats on the barber. Here's to many more. :occasion14:

I have dug many silvers that were shallow in the parks around here. We used to hunt flower beds and sometimes when they would change the shape of the flower beds there would be coins on the edges that has grass grow over them. Also under trees I have dug silver almost on the surface because as the tree roots get larger they are pushing old coins on top of them up.

Nice find.

It's hard 2 find a park that still gives up Rosies and Mercs let alone Barbers ! Congrads on 1st ! May you find many more !! Hit that park some more ! MaineRelic.

MaineRelic said:
It's hard 2 find a park that still gives up Rosies and Mercs let alone Barbers ! Congrads on 1st ! May you find many more !! Hit that park some more ! MaineRelic.

I don't think this park has been hit much; if at all. I've pulled a bunch of wheat's, 9 merc's, and a couple rosies. And I haven't really hunted it that much. I tend to hang around cellar holes. Not sure how far back the park goes, but most the coins are from the 20's to the 40's. Have yet to find a silver quarter. I think the park has been abandoned for many years. When I first went there a couple years ago (before I got a metal detector) it was all grown over. Anyone would have a hard time trying to swing a coil in it. Just last year they started to maintain it and spruce it up a bit and the grass was being mowed. So, I think I may be in a virgin park. Plus, it's kind of hidden and not many people know about it. Although that will change soon as they have made new trails and advertised a winter hike this year. The Barber I found was like 30 ft. from the entrance. I also found 7 wheat's in the same area.

-Swartzie

IT's such a cool feeling finding a 1st coin like that...congrats! :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back