First Beach Hunt Coming Soon

Jay In NewKen

Jun 24, 2012
New Kensington, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So, I've been reading, researching and practicing for the better part of a month now with my Ace. I've been getting better at understanding what my MD is telling me and also pinpointing. Friday, we leave for the beaches in southern jersey, I'm pumped, to say the least.

I've read to stick with dry sand with the Ace and try at low tides. Any other tidbit of info I should know? Going for jewlery n coins.

Upvote 0

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
Jay In NewKen said:
So, I've been reading, researching and practicing for the better part of a month now with my Ace. I've been getting better at understanding what my MD is telling me and also pinpointing. Friday, we leave for the beaches in southern jersey, I'm pumped, to say the least.

I've read to stick with dry sand with the Ace and try at low tides. Any other tidbit of info I should know? Going for jewlery n coins.

Go around five o'clock or so that's when folks start to leave the beach. You can get first dibs.

BlackOut

May 31, 2012
I too am interested in any other tips you vets may have. We are going to the beach later this year and am going to take my detector.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Viddy

Aug 16, 2011
Harrisburg, PA
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, F2, Etrac, T2, V3i, AT Pro, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Vanquish 540, Go-Find 66, F5, Q60, Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As I am writing this... I am sitting in my beach house for the week, down at the Outer Banks, NC and planning on my first beach hunt tomorrow with my ETrac (or AT Pro if the chance of rain). I cant wait! good luck to you!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread