Upvote 13

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to Beach Detecting! :occasion14:

Attachments

• trash.jpg
    trash.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 137
  • c43w.jpg
    c43w.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 124

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your finds - bottle caps - tabs aluminum can slaw is part of MDing. Never have used my ATP on our beach yet - might try putting in a coin - jewelry & trash test/practice garden and use different modes & setting. Anyway thanks for sharing your pictures & story with us & I mish you many more great while out beach hunting.

Texas ED

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Good to see you out there digging holes! From what Smittyman tells me, it's either feast or famine at the beach... and mostly famine!

Keep after it, and hopefully something good will show up in your scoop.

GL Buddy!

OP
OP
SuperShaun

SuperShaun

May 20, 2016
Charlotte NC
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Delta 4000, Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll go back out when it cools off its hawt out there lol. Going to try low tide tonight midnight

Keep swinging my friends!

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try a reset on your machine, if you change coils you should reset after each time otherwise your machine doesn't recognize the new coil.That is if you had changed coils.

Tommy G

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like one of my beach hunts. I don't get to the beach often, but must confess that I've had zero luck playing in the sand. Best of luck on your next hunt!

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck on future trips

OP
OP
SuperShaun

SuperShaun

May 20, 2016
Charlotte NC
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Delta 4000, Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
496f49b6f206c9c423c3bd3fd4176348.jpg

Day 2 beach hunt even had a 10 bottle top spills lol someone was having a good time in that spot and 2 other bottle tops I found around 13" down I was like wow that was deep

Keep swinging my friends!

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's great, I just got an AT Pro myself. My wife rolls her eyes at me when I get home and display all the "junk" I found on the "finds" table lol. I need to do some more research so I can be more successful lol.

Reelsnrods

Feb 13, 2013
Nantucket
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are times I'm at 100 targets of trash, to each coin I find on the beach. That being said, the day you find your first gold ring on your AT Pro listening to a mid-tone, you'll dig them all with a smile:) Maybe one of our AT Pro genius's can help suggest a better setting for your machine. I have a beach that was recently "refurbished" with some landfill sand. It's so full of scrap shards of metal, I can barely get a clean signal through it all. It'll get easier, just put in the time, and the treasures will find you!

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you hit the lead concentrate on that latitude down the beach. Gold has the same density. When hitting bottle caps/canslaw move up or down. Target density is important

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's great, I just got an AT Pro myself. My wife rolls her eyes at me when I get home and display all the "junk" I found on the "finds" table lol. I need to do some more research so I can be more successful lol.

Go to a local lake your machine can go to 10 ft underwater you might find some bling and if you don't at least you get to cool off.Just find the swimming area.Sports areas are good for bling also do the sidelines people lay their belongings down along with rings and necklaces then forget them.Another good spot is under shade trees when people sit or lay down their pockets empty out.(coin spill)

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two week long trips at the beach on vacation and detecting wet sand at low tide and dry sand late afternoon when the crowds started leaving for the day. One tiny silver toe ring and a silver clasp for my efforts.
Plenty of clad though and tons of trash. Two years straight the kid and I couldn't wait to get home and detect dirt. LOL
Last year after a week of detecting the beach and nothing. I was filling the gas tank for the trip home and look down to find a silver necklace with a junker pendant laying at my feet?

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not sure, but I think I experimented with the sensitivity on the dry sand. Seemed to help. Also, I was VERY surprised at how deep it was even at a pretty low setting.

Another thing to try is to manually ground balance. Try a bit more on the plus or minus side until it's a bit more stable.

Hope that helps!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can try changing frequency on your Pro and don't be afraid to turn sensitivity down .All good finds will come in time!!!

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go to a local lake your machine can go to 10 ft underwater you might find some bling and if you don't at least you get to cool off.Just find the swimming area.Sports areas are good for bling also do the sidelines people lay their belongings down along with rings and necklaces then forget them.Another good spot is under shade trees when people sit or lay down their pockets empty out.(coin spill)

Great tips BoB...I appreciate it! I defiantly need to be more strategic when picking places to swing :)

tomhighland

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2015
In MI woods
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Are you using pro mode? Did you go in the water? Pro mode is excellent. It takes some patience to get used to it. But the bells and whistles we paid for can really help us. My first beach hunt I discovered the atpro will have you digging to China for a beer can. You will do fine. Check the old posts from the serious beach hunters on the forum. Many have links to help educate us newer detectors. We get to learn from the veterans and avoid mistakes that they can point out to us.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread