First box and interesting story

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stopped in at my local Wachovia bank and made a couple of deposits. Asked the teller if they would order boxes of Half dollars for me. The teller said that nobody has ever asked for Half Dollars before so she took my name and phone number.
I figured that would be the end of the story but no, I get a call from the manager of the branch stating that she would order whatever I wanted and in any quantity that I wanted. She did place an order for 1 box for me already and I could pick that up on Friday. She told me so speak to her (gave her full name to me) whenever I wanted to order anything like that in the future.
Turns out that I looked up one of my track students in our student system at work to find out her mothers name, it was the branch manager..... :laughing9: I asked her if she had a daughter and gave the childs name, she said yes, that is my daughter how did you know? She then looked at my name on the slip of paper that the teller gave her and said are you "Coach Scott".
I did indeed tell her that I was the coach in question and the conversation went from professional to friendly immediately. My daughter talks about you all the time during Track season and how you like to joke around and make the kids feel important and praise them for their accomplishments instead of berating and ignoring like all the other coaches of the different sports she plays. To make a long story short, she was even happier to order them for me and set me up for a box every other week, if I wished to increase my order just call her and she gave me her direct line and her cell phone number. :thumbsup:

You never ever know when Karma will come back around to you.

Guess it isn't karma, I just enjoy working with the future leaders of tomorrow and sometimes good things come of that. I am sure that Mrs. Apush can say the same thing.

Wish me luck on my first box, the wife is even excited about helping me search. With one child being a corrections officer and our youngest just leaving for boot camp at Great Lakes, it will give us a hobby that both enjoy.... :blob10:

Upvote 0

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck. Hope you score some silver. You figured out where you are dumping your clad at yet?

OP
OP
FreedomUIC

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AGCoinHunter said:
Good luck. Hope you score some silver. You figured out where you are dumping your clad at yet?

Yes, my local CU will let you use their coin machine up to $100.00 dollars a day for free. Figured between the wife and me we can dump the clad in roughly three visits. It is only 3 minutes from where we work at. There is another small bank in town that I have talked to, the Manager said she didn't care what I used their coin machines for, if I have an account there it is all free.

I am stopping by the bank on the way home from work today..... :thumbsup:

Hopefully I have thought this through to the end and there will be no surprises pop up.

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dear FreedumUIC,
Yes, I do understand working with our future generations. We have helped many a-kids achieve their dreams. Coaches do not get enough credit for teaching our youth. My hat (or bonnet) if off to you!

I wish that your box of silver contains all 90%ers (as us educators never get paid our worth in gold--or silver for that matter).

P.S. Watch your grammar usage and sentence structure on the Net. LOL. You might get a "tongue lashing" if you don't. I did. :laughing9: But several posters came to my rescue. This is suppose to be "our time" to relax and just type our responses as is.

May lots of silver rain down upon you!

apush :read2:

buffhunter

May 30, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Freedom - best of luck to you when you get your first box. Are you North, Central, or South Florida?

OP
OP
FreedomUIC

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
buffhunter said:
Freedom - best of luck to you when you get your first box. Are you North, Central, or South Florida?

Gulf Coast about 100 miles south of Tampa.......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread