First box = bad news!!

STDevil

Jun 12, 2008
Picked up a load of six boxes today, and rushed home to begin the hunt. The first one was a skunk, which is not so bad in the grand scheme of things. What was bad is that about 20 of the coins had the edges painted silver!!!! Clearly these were the dumps of a most dastardly dude. My son called them "foolers", since I thought they were 90% ers, until I looked at the date.

Grrr....

Happy hunting to all!!

Upvote 0

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
STdevil, I see you have found some of my dumps. Keep a look out for the 1976 with the gold rims. LOL. J/J

-golden silver

OP
OP
S

STDevil

Jun 12, 2008
OK, I made it through the rest of the six boxes, and ended up with 18 40%, 2 bens, and a couple of clads that were needed to fill the little guy's half dollar folder.

This has to be the strangest series of boxes that I have ever had. I had several more foolers (halves with the edges painted silver), coins with black dots, coins with the line around the back of JFKs head, a few coins with holes drilled through them, and even a 40% that had flourescent red paint all over it. I also came accross a LOT of uncirculated 2001 Ds and Ps.

So, while I did not make out like a bandit, I did not get skunked!

Happy hunting!

OP
OP
S

STDevil

Jun 12, 2008
Glad to see I am not the only one facing off against the foolers. This person must have a lot of time on their hands to paint these coins.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread