First Box last Wednesday

Sheldius

Mar 15, 2007
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Minelab E-trac, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had my first delievered box on Wednesday. Didn't do to bad, and my wife was into searching as well. Can't get her to metal detect (which I haven't been at all week), but she likes this. Found 2 40% for me.

Do you guys/gals get a lot of discolored proofs? I'm finding a lot of coins with gold or purple corrosion.

Total for the box

1 - 1964
1 - 1966
3 - 1967
1 - 1968 D
1 - 1969 D

2 - 1981 S
1 - 1989 S Congress Bicentennial
1 - 2003 D

Also found a 1989 D and 1999 P with thick rims like the proofs and very nice surfaces. Part of a mint set? Are they worth keeping??

Attachments

• Box1.jpg
    Box1.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 223
Upvote 0
Those corroded coins look like they've been in a flood. Water gets inside the cases and that's the end unless they are quickly cracked open and rinsed and dried they're done for. Basement storage for coin collections is never a good thing. Nice finds though!

Very nice for a first box, 1 - 1989 S Congress Bicentennial is very nice. I actually bought the set, 1 was silver and one non silver. I cant remember what I paid but it wasnt much.
Its a nice coin.

I forgot to add, I also found a 1982 P with a very faint "G" and absolutely no "F" in the "FG" on the back. I haven't heard of that error, just the no FG at all. Anyone have idea if that is worth anything?

Congrats on your 1st box.....a good one too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back