First Box Order Results - Interesting Finds

Silverbooya

Greenie
Jan 6, 2014
Arizona
Primary Interest:
Other
I opened my first box ever today and as most would expect, I got a skunk. However, I did find some interesting coins. Those dated 1971, 1972, 1973, 1974, and 1979 did not have any "D" Mint mark. I soon learned on the net that if they were minted in Philadelphia, it was missing the "P". They range in value from .75 to $2.00 each on ebay.

I did take a moment to decide whether to save them or to throw them back in to keep the cash flow going for more rolls. I decided to throw them back for cashflow. I want to pick up a bag tomorrow. I also did not want to deal with the hassle of trying sell the coins on ebay and make a few dollars verses keeping it simple and looking for silver. So, what would you have done?

Upvote 0

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmmm ya not so sure you could get that price for a circulated clad coin- maybe an uncirculatednone- id love to see final auctions that sopd for those prices- if so im for sure saving them and selling them but im sure all crhers would do the same and then it would he so saturated...
Any ways just say clad is bad ag is good
Thats all you need to know in my book

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

omga747

Oct 28, 2011
Southern CA
Primary Interest:
Other
Before 1980, the "P" mint mark wasn't used on any coins (Susan B. Anthony Dollars being the exception), so a no mint mark 1970s half is nothing special at all.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions