First buffalo nickel finds!

Bowen89

Apr 3, 2012
South Jersey
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So last night after closing at the store my manager cracked open a roll of nickels and yelled down to me "hey i got some funny lookin nickels up here want them?" And i said sure of course... so they were 3 buffalo nickels all with dates... a great 37 an ok 36 and a rough 36... ill take it though especially through these hard times of CHR!

ForumRunner_20120522_110950.png

Upvote 0

huricanesrul

Jan 1, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
explorer xs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very nice....and no work involved to find and dump !!!!!!!!

OP
OP
B

Bowen89

Apr 3, 2012
South Jersey
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea and i just got a 38D as change givin to me today! Today is officially buffalo nickel day

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NICE score!!! got to love getting old coins at work, and you're being paid to be there... I am guessing they came from a CWR?

OP
OP
B

Bowen89

Apr 3, 2012
South Jersey
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first 3 were from a mrw and the last was coins from a customer pays for merch! First finds at work... my boss usually keeps wheats for me too

hokiemojo

Jan 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
congrats! took me 5 or 6 $100 nickel boxes to find my first (and only) three buffs. only one had a date. thats a pretty unusual find to get 3 in a roll.

Canadian hunter

Dec 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Told ya guys there is a coincidence sequence happening. Today a teller saved me a 1956 12 sided nickel which is not as rare as buffalo, but is quite uncommon.
Nice find there, still looking to find my first non-Jefferson nickel from US.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread