first buffalo nickels

norcalsteve

Sep 30, 2013
Petaluma, CA
Detector(s) used
36" Bazooka Prospector, Gold-n-Sand hand dredge
Was a the grocery store today and asked the bank there if they had any halves. They did not. My son asked if we could get a few rolls of nickels. We bought 5 rolls. We found (2) buffalo nickels in one of the rolls. 1920 that you can just barely read the 20 ( can't see the 19 ) and a pretty good looking 1937.
Now I have to go get my son a buffalo nickel book.

ForumRunner_20150301_165632.png

Upvote 0

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was a the grocery store today and asked the bank there if they had any halves. They did not. My son asked if we could get a few rolls of nickels. We bought 5 rolls. We found (2) buffalo nickels in one of the rolls. 1920 that you can just barely read the 20 ( can't see the 19 ) and a pretty good looking 1937.
Now I have to go get my son a buffalo nickel book.

View attachment 1126191

:coffee2: Nice finds. The buffalo nickel & the standing liberty quarter both had problems with the date rubbing off due to a design flaw. Look on the back of your nickels & the mintmark will be found if any under the mound the buffalo is standing on.
HH
Gary

OP
OP
norcalsteve

norcalsteve

Sep 30, 2013
Petaluma, CA
Detector(s) used
36" Bazooka Prospector, Gold-n-Sand hand dredge
:coffee2: Nice finds. The buffalo nickel & the standing liberty quarter both had problems with the date rubbing off due to a design flaw. Look on the back of your nickels & the mintmark will be found if any under the mound the buffalo is standing on.
HH
Gary

Thanks Gary,
Both have no mint mark.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions