First buttons and they were back to back.

hdmech71

Jan 25, 2012
wv
Detector(s) used
F75 se / Minelab Soveriogn / sunray probe/ whites classic Id/ pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Was out working on a motorcycle at a fellows place in the back roads of west virgina today and after wrenchin for a few I asked them about metal detecting some areas nearby. Little did I know I was in for a good little quick trip. We did some walking around an old barn and house and right away I was getting good digger signals. I didnt want to go crazy right off the bat so I held my composer and kept walking the ground. I walked on the side of the house near the old cellar and found an old clothes line, yep thats were I had a couple good hits. I got on my knees and got my plug out of the ground about 4". I took a swipe and yep I got it. At first I thought I had a coin and nope MY FIRST REAL BUTTON. Yeah for me. The very next whole about 2 ft away was another. Could not believe it. :tongue3:. Well The guys didnt think much of the buttons. They were wanting a coin I guess. I dug about 12 holes all together. Was there about 1 hr so I hope to be able to get back there very soon. I didnt have the camera with me until I had got home. Have some dirty pics but cant transfer from this computer so I made the made this youtube video to get better quality pics. Rock on :headbang: The next trip the camera will be on my side.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src=" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Upvote 0

JmCraz8

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Currently using: XP DEUS, T2 SE and the Garret Carrot lol
Have used: Garret Ace 250, Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on your first button and many many more, also really liking that axe head and lock. :headbang:

OP
OP
hdmech71

hdmech71

Jan 25, 2012
wv
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks Jim, I had a blast. I had problems with my headphones agian though... grrrrr. I have got to upgrade something feirce.

JamesWV

Jul 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
tesoro tejon
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
nice finds todd..... like the buttons. Is the round ball a musket ball ?

OP
OP
hdmech71

hdmech71

Jan 25, 2012
wv
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yeah, Thanks James. The buttons were so cool to me. I just cleaned them a bit more and here is the shots of the buttons with a lite cleaning. I think they rock myself,,,,lol. :headbang:. The have some writing on the inside. The shank looks like it is one cast peice. They are single peice design and flat. They both have IND on them so I really dont know exactly what period or what they may be.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src=" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

OP
OP
hdmech71

hdmech71

Jan 25, 2012
wv
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for the link. I actually sent him a message to ask for some assistance on that matter. Thanks agian sir. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread