First Canadian Silver coin with ATPro

TheGeorgiaCanuck

Oct 20, 2011
Surrey, BC
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out for a long hunt today. My fourth this week with the new Garrett ATPro. And I bagged a 1940 George VI Canadian dime!

034A.jpg

Lets start with the junkite...

053A.jpg
060A.jpg
051A.jpg

Then the junk jewelry...Aluminum ring, gave me a scare...was gold colored when it popped out. But the moment I picked it up...weighed like air. >:(
The copper bracelet is a kids boy scout one I think, the picture sucks, the macro won't focus cause its dark colored. It has arrows, etc on it.

036A.jpg
068A.jpg
054A.jpg

The coins! 2 quarters, one is a memorial 1873-1973 Mountie quarter. 2 dimes, a 1997 clad Rosey and the 1940 silver. 24 pennies, including a 1944 Canadian penny(won't focus) and 2 American clad.

065A.jpg

Also got a gaming token for an arcade.

049A.jpg
048A.jpg

And last but not least the silver! Value is only $1.75 and then I noticed I nicked it.... :'(
So i shrugged and polished it up with baking soda and its going in my collection as #1 silver found.

GL & HH all!

Upvote 0

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1st silver found ! Congrats , silver is always nice , but that 1st one is special. Argentium.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hint on the pictures, Turn off the digital zoom HH Chug

smcdmc

Aug 12, 2011
Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 500, Teknetics G2, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chug and Red said:

Not that it really matters, but why would you suspect digital zoom. A couple are out of focus but that has nothing to do with using digital zoom.

By the way, nice finds.
Shane

OP
OP
TheGeorgiaCanuck

TheGeorgiaCanuck

Oct 20, 2011
Surrey, BC
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
smcdmc said:
Chug and Red said:

Not that it really matters, but why would you suspect digital zoom. A couple are out of focus but that has nothing to do with using digital zoom.

By the way, nice finds.
Shane

The out of focus ones are using super macro, it refuses to focus right if the item is dark. You notice the silver coin was fine, but the dark bracelet and 1944 penny, it no like the dark.

smcdmc

Aug 12, 2011
Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 500, Teknetics G2, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TheGeorgiaCanuck said:
smcdmc said:
Chug and Red said:

By the way, nice finds.
Shane

The out of focus ones are using super macro, it refuses to focus right if the item is dark. You notice the silver coin was fine, but the dark bracelet and 1944 penny, it no like the dark.

Most cameras have a hard time auto focusing on dark areas as they need the contrast of the brighter shiny areas. Still has nothing to do with digital zoom though.

Shane

underarock

Mar 27, 2011
Southeast PA
Detector(s) used
CZ-70
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on your first of many. Hope your taking advantage of the pro audio. Will get you deeper than using just the standard mode.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread