First coinroll hunting experience today....

GEOFF

Aug 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dimes been dry like desert for me too.

kfs

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two boxes is really a valid sample to say there is no silver halves left in my area.

Keep trying it does not cost anything but time if you do not spend them.

kfs

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have done pretty good in my area with dimes but I would rather find a 40%er as opposed to a Rosie at 90%

but that is just me.

FYI my last 7 boxes of halves have been a bust

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
My first boxes of halves were all skunked. Keep up and you'll find a solid roll! Try not to do Loomis IMO, always try Teller Trays, CWR or BWR Rolls, and Brinks. That's how I get my luck!

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello - new to the forum and new to CRH.

Bought my first box of halves last week - completely skunked as far as silver goes.

A few newbie questions: What do "CWR" and "BWR" mean? Will the rolls tell me which company wrapped them? Last week's box had yellow and white rolls.

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello - new to the forum and new to CRH.

Bought my first box of halves last week - completely skunked as far as silver goes.

A few newbie questions: What do "CWR" and "BWR" mean? Will the rolls tell me which company wrapped them? Last week's box had yellow and white rolls.

CWR= customer wrapped rolls
BWR= bank wrapped rolls

Check out the stickie begginers guide. There is definitions of all the common words and abbreviations.

OP
OP
T

Turboshelby

Sep 16, 2012
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teroso Toltec 100
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunately I live in a small town (pop 5500) and every bank in our area is supplied by Loomis. Also, every bank has at least one teller that browses all incoming change (I asked). Haven't picked up my dimes yet, but I am hopeful that I can come up with another way to supply my gold/silver stash. Yard sales around here are a dream, so many cheap jewelry boxes, old coins, etc. I like the idea of coin rolls being practically free though.

OtraVez

Aug 14, 2011
Akron, OH
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is not unusual. I do 2k in halves and 2k in dimes a week and will go without any findings for 6-20k in halves. When I do get some silver it is a pretty kick arse box.

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do you know who supplies the bank with coins? Do you have to ask?

The box of halves I recently picked up does not have name on it except the manufacturer of the box and paper wraps (N.F. String & Son). The rolls are white with yellow marking, the box is brown cardboard color with yellow marking.

Thanks in advance.

GEOFF

Aug 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yup, have to ask or spot the truck if you can.

1 40% = 2 rosies, kfs, i am at a 4 box skunk now....miss my 40 40%s in a box days.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread