Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I must admit I’m getting into this old bottle addiction. I put on my 6” coil to sift out this certain spot I found a IH cent the other day. It’s taken me some getting use to this 6” coil because I’m the guy that probably walks a mile or 2 when detecting. I managed to pullout a 1926 wheat after 3 hours, so I decided to take to the creek. I brought the detector but I was more there for bottles or just observing. Got my second jumbo marble, my 2nd small blue bottle, a coin purse, something brass with gold guilt and a toy truck. It’s funny how you’ve seen something time and time again so you’ve seen the game, now you’re into bottles and you’re seeing the game within the game. IMG_0012.JPG IMG_0012.JPG IMG_0012.JPG IMG_0012.JPG IMG_0012.JPG IMG_0012.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 22

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Way to go brother, looks like you're onto something by hunting the creek, Congrats on ya finds and the marbles and your blue bottle are super nice!!!

"D"

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
The blue bottle is nice along with the other finds.Congrats :icon_thumleft:

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Better watch it, those old bottles will hook you bad before you know it!

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bottles and marbles can be an addiction of their own Truth, and with those Cobalt Blue's you are well on your way. I was detecting a field a few years back, and started to find so many bottles ( 63 total ) that I set my metal detector down and just started picking them up. There had been a recent barn tear down and I got in there before the farmers tractors. They do make for a great display. Congrats on some nice finds, and I'd get back to that creek soon.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bottles and marbles can be an addiction of their own Truth, and with those Cobalt Blue's you are well on your way. I was detecting a field a few years back, and started to find so many bottles ( 63 total ) that I set my metal detector down and just started picking them up. There had been a recent barn tear down and I got in there before the farmers tractors. They do make for a great display. Congrats on some nice finds, and I'd get back to that creek soon.

I’m planning on it. Great story, right time right place :)

American

Aug 7, 2012
long Island, New York
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, whites Beach hunter id,
I must admit I’m getting into this old bottle addiction. I put on my 6” coil to sift out this certain spot I found a IH cent the other day. It’s taken me some getting use to this 6” coil because I’m the guy that probably walks a mile or 2 when detecting. I managed to pullout a 1926 wheat after 3 hours, so I decided to take to the creek. I brought the detector but I was more there for bottles or just observing. Got my second jumbo marble, my 2nd small blue bottle, a coin purse, something brass with gold guilt and a toy truck. It’s funny how you’ve seen something time and time again so you’ve seen the game, now you’re into bottles and you’re seeing the game within the game. View attachment 1623952 View attachment 1623953 View attachment 1623954 View attachment 1623955 View attachment 1623956 View attachment 1623957
Nice finds. The gold glitter looks like a suspenders buckle

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Hey I see you have the 800 should I use the beach mode on that water and gravel or field 2?

Prairie Prowler

May 7, 2006
Midwest ILL
Detector(s) used
Fisher1266-/ CZ-20 / Sovereign XS/Excalibur II / Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice bunch of Old finds ..worth returning to..Good luck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread