First day, and I dug out an old intake manifold!

Feb 6, 2019
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
White's Goldmaster GMT 24K
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm new to the hobby, and I just bought a White's Goldmaster 24K. I was testing in out in the ravine behind my house, and I found this thing buried about a foot deep. I hosed it down, and I found out that it's an intake manifold from a late-1940s Ford V8 Flathead engine. I saw it listed on eBay for $100 :laughing7:

IMG_2757 copy.jpg IMG_2758 copy.jpg

Upvote 25

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
1st - I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard EarthBoundMisfit! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).

t_o.gif
2nd - Nice find. Remember now EarthboundMisfit - we always mount our first finds on the wall! Sorry - just couldn't resist!
:laughing7:

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to tnet from Niagara Falls. Congrats on your first cool find.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
check for cracks if you mean to sell it

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum from Northern Virginia and congrats on your find, I hope it cleans up well and can be of value to someone.

OP
OP
E
Feb 6, 2019
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
White's Goldmaster GMT 24K
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1st - I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard EarthBoundMisfit! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).

Yup, thanks - I added a few details to my profile. I live at the foot of the San Gabriel Mountains in the northern suburbs of Los Angeles, so I'm hoping to dig up and show all of you a one kilogram gold nugget within the next couple of months :laughing7:

tomhighland

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2015
In MI woods
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to the site. Congrats on the find. Looks to be in good shape. Could have been replaced by a hot rod builder looking to up his horsepower.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The old 2 barrel intake and part of a transmission clutch hot tank and magniflux that manifold not expensive should bring good money being oem

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The other item is the center of a clutch disc.

randywa

Sep 29, 2017
S.W. Mo.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That old Ford was breathing so hard it coughed up the intake and clutch. Makes me wonder where the crank landed.

JoeVal

Oct 28, 2018
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 & 800
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro
Bounty Hunter Tracker Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great first find!!! Welcome from NE Ohio, currently in Cape Coral Florida enduring the sunshine, 80’s temperatures and beaches galore for detecting...not to mention parks that appear to not be hunted much.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread