First day ever!

Joy

Jun 22, 2009
Boston
Well, the title of this post isn't exactly true. I had a metal detector when I was really young (just a cheap kid's one), but I only recall using it once or twice, and I don't think I ever found much of anything. Anyway, after a while spent lurking in these forums and reading tons of old posts, I decided to give it another try! I bought a detector a couple of weeks ago (a cheap kid's model--hey, I'm a poor college student! ;D ), but I didn't get the chance to take it out. I spent last week visiting family and friends in Connecticut and decided to bring the detector with me. Early Friday afternoon, I finally got to use it for the first time!

My friend Claire and I spent around an hour and a half at the town beach. We searched mostly in the sand, though we also looked around the adjacent playground a bit. Here's what we found:

mlgt2v.jpg

From left to right, in order of when I found them: a bottle cap, a quarter, some foil, a candy wrapper, a bobby pin, and what appears to be a nail.

Not the most exciting loot, but not bad for a first time out, right?!

Note to self--next time:
(1) actually bring something to dig with
(2) wear sunscreen!!! My shoulders hurt :(

Upvote 0
Welcome Joy.

Nice Finds for a first Day.

I look forward to seeing And Hearing how
You Progress

JEFF

Welcome the more you do it the better the finds will become. Good first start

When you hit your first Gold there will be no turning back.

Tek

Thanks, everybody ;D
Can't wait to get out again...when this rain eventually stops. Ugh.

Welcome Joy, and is that red stuff GUM?? :laughing9: Well you can only go up from there, hope to see many more fine posts from you.

Digging equipment is very helpful. Keep on hunting, theres a ring out there with you name on it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back