first day mding

J

james 101

hi everyone well i started my first md today with a 50 dollar detector in my backyard well let me tell you do i ever have alot crap back there i found 3 beer caps old nails ,but then i hit a spike as i was digging it up i saw something brown it was glass gee could it be a beer bottle nope it was an old medicine bottle woohoo made my day as i collect bottles .im gonna use this cheap dector till i can afford a better one but works it works okay for now tommorow i hit the beach here in hamilton ontario anyways i got the bug for doing this on the longweekend while visiting my brother up in northbay he had a hand held detector like they use at the air ports well i took it to the beach well i found a 1990 penny and so here i am hooked in this hobby i waited all week on the net everynite after work reading your fourums waiting to get paid to buy one so there you have it my next posts there will pics for sure good hunting everyone

Upvote 0

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey James!!

Waiting to seewhat you find next!!! Congrats on the bottle!!!!

Nana ;)

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard James!! I started with a Radio Shack $49 special, and found a lot a coins with it. You'll do just fine, and have fun as well!! HH!

DugHoles

Bronze Member
May 23, 2005
Hudson Falls, NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT---Tinytec Ultraluxe probe
Welcome. Talk about addiction, even uses a wand detector.......I like it...... ;)

GL & HH,

Dugholes

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome,

hh

Lonewolfe

Harley digs it

Jun 27, 2005
New Brunswick, Canada
Hey James 101, welcome to the site. Good luck and have fun. If you want to upgrade your machine try

www.middlesexdetectorsales.ca

He's real close to where your at in Canada and I bought my ACE 250 from him and after the exchange rate it was only $10 more expensive than from Kellyco and that wasn't even taking into accnt any duty taxes. About the best price I could find and I did alot of searching. Took 4 days for me to get my Ace and I'm in New Brunswick.

Have fun but make sure you check with Provincial and Federal Parks b4 you detect there, I found out they don't allow you to detect there but you might be able to detect beaches if you ask nice.

OP
OP
J

james 101

hey thanks ill check it out that looks like what i need going out shortly to try the beach strip alot of history hope i hit a ring are 2 hh every one

S

skydiv

I just wish i could lock out those LM I have 2 coffee mugs full of LM pennies. I'm nearing 30.00 in finds so pretty soon I'll cash them in. keep on hunting and good luck

Avoozl

Aug 28, 2005
Hi, new here my self and also live in Ontario.. I will be picking up my first MD hopefully later this week. Just be a cheap $60 radio shack, wish I could get better but unless I can find a good used one for that budget that radio shack will have to do till I can get a better one some time next year.

Have several areas im looking forward to checking, I would have to use public transit/hike a good distance to get around to most areas, is there some sort of carrying covers available I would be able to pick up, haven't seen any thing locally. Closest things I seen were fishing pole and gun bags, but not large enough to fit the coil

Starting to read up some history on my area, learning a lot but sure is hard to find good old photo's.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread