First day of hunting in a looooong time. Found a new dump bank....

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's just to bad that the dump bank was someone else's. :tongue3: I'm not sure it was a dump I bought, but rather, I think that the tellers had pulled all the silver out as it was $235.00 loose in a bag and was entirely clad. They were "certain" that it was $235.00 and "had been sitting there for a long time". They offered to let me count it, but as I didn't have time, I just asked to feel the weight. It felt good, so I bought it. I didn't even find one 40%, circulated proof, or anything. I've been working 7 days/week for a while now, and can't get to banks, since my hours are from 6:30am-6pm. I did manage to hit one on break today and that's what I got. :-\ Oh well... maybe next time. On the bright side, I made a profit of $.50 as it had an extra clad half in the bag. :headbang: I'd post a pic of the extra clad half, but it's just a '71 and I know how some here feel about pics. ;D

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Upvote 0

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder how many tellers do look for silver. If I worked at a bank I know I would.

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
timbobwey said:
I wonder how many tellers do look for silver. If I worked at a bank I know I would.
Met one yesterday, she said she gets all the Silver and with a smile on her face said 5 or 6 people a day come in asking for Halves- figure the smile was cause she can get rid of her banks dumps in a way that just makes her grin.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread