Darkgryph

Tenderfoot
Jul 15, 2013
Lexington, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just received my Fisher f2 today , read the manual and decided to head out to the yard and see what I could see. Found A LOT of junk, cans and tabs 1 zinc cent and 1 clad quarter, was just about to head in and my detector made a beep, showed foil and figured it to be another can but it was my last so I dug it ( still learning that one) and low and behold a beat up lil ring was in the dirt about 3 or 4 in down. It's marked 10k so I think it's real gold! IMG065.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 15
Cool,great finds and welcome to Tnet.

PM me 5 different numbers from 1 through 59 and 1 number from 1 through 35 please ........ :laughing7:

Welcome to our hobby we hope that you will treat it as we all like to think we do, read your code of ethics PLEASE FILL IN YOUR HOLES!! And again welcome

CongratZ on the gold!
I have found many gold rings with my F2, and they came in all over the place at foil, nickel, tabs and zinc...so keep digging.

wow very cool find,it looks sweet. im abit jelous ur lucky.
i started with a F2 and have Always used all metal and dug almost anything,sometimes skipped solid iron signals and never found a gold ring.
i have only found lots of silver, around 140 gram of silver rings/earrings and a silver chain not counting any of my silver coins and this is my second year detecting.
Well 1 factor may be that the first year,last year was one of the worse summers in many many years with only 3-4 Days of sun so not many ppl on the beach and i didn't really know much about the beaches i Went to.
Almost only done beach detecting/a few older tot lots but this year seems to be going better as im finding alot of more stuff,just not gold :D

Great find there, just what you need to become addicted

Wow really? I went out a few times with my MD (fisher f2 as well) and the best thing I found was enough scrap aluminum can chunks to start saving to melt :-)

Congrats on a great find.

You proved why many 'experts' miss gold. Never look at your VDU. Just dig, LISTERN & learn...

grumble grumble begginer's luck hummmph
no just kiddin
awesome find especially for your first time out!
HH

Keep at it before the ground dries out. Hope you find more.

Great beginners luck there! But really just digging to see what the signal turns out to be is the key! Good Job !!!

My first Gold ring was also with a F2! Congrats on your first Gold ...more to come:occasion14:

congrats on your first!! but don't think that happens every day! lol

Wow sorry, Your hooked for life now .... LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back