First day out, first find

benjamaniac

Aug 7, 2012
Southeastern Montana
Detector(s) used
Discovery 2200
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
About four and a half years ago when I was recovering from a bypass operation, I thought I'd need something to keep me occupied till I could go back to work, so I bought a Discovery 2200. Well, I got well too quick and they sent me back to work before I could try it out. It sat in my storage shed until about a month ago when I ran across it by accident. I decided to give it a try, so today I took it out to a local park and started to learn to use it. I found a few pennies and a couple nickles, but was really suprised when up popped an 1892 dime !!!!! It's in pretty worn shape, but what the heck...it's OLD !!!! I guess this means I'm hooked huh ?? I live in southeastern Montana so the amount of places to search are pretty limitless. Time to do some serious research and get busy.
Ben

Upvote 2

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup! ya got the bug......Great way to start this madness........................HH

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing9: yeap, might take you a year to beat it...

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup! ya got the bug......Great way to start this madness........................HH
Yeah, he's a goner........like the rest of us! Welcome to Tnet.

davehky

Jan 3, 2007
Mass
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 garrette pro pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats,and ya thats def an old coin!!!:headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions