First day out in 13 years with my new Whites V3i

smartmoney

Dec 4, 2011
Lower Hudson Valley
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It felt so good getting back out there after a 13 year hiatus. My ex wife never liked the fact that I used to spend hours detecting on the weekends hence why I am divorced. Well many other things as well. So anyhow, I hit an old park (1908) that I supposedly crushed years back. Although I didnt find any silver, I did find 1 IH (1900), 2 V nickels (1901,1902), 2 buffalo nickels (ND) and 4 wheats (2 from the 20s) It felt so great to be back. I have to learn my V3i though. Its a little different from my last machine...the Whites Eagle Spectrum

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    274.1 KB · Views: 1,338
Upvote 0

Whitebeard

Nov 20, 2011
Higher-North-Shore Qc.
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! looks like you hit a nice jackpot, V3i will be my new detector next spring glad to see it works nice, thanks for posting.

texjim

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2009
schuylkill county pa.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites xlt,vx3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it seems like it is almost like riding a bike for you.... good job

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good finds!!! looks like u have not lost ur edge ;D MR TUFF

aka da Prof

Jan 18, 2009
Finger Lakes, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Garret Freedom One / Fisher 1280X / Beach Bully sand scoop/ Garret ProPin Pointer/Garret AT pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well, ya didn't loose your touch!!! get out in them Fishkill Hills and find that 'Lost Cache' and have the last laugh---- da Prof

ds6191

Dec 29, 2007
Illinois
Detector(s) used
E Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bet it felt good to swing again. And yep,those hard hit parks seem like they always have something left to give. Welcome back, great hunt. Dan

OP
OP
smartmoney

smartmoney

Dec 4, 2011
Lower Hudson Valley
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was hunting in relic mode much of the time so I had to fight off lots of junk. I found lots of nickels today because I used to think they were pull tabs. One of the V nickels was only 3" down. The nickels come up +15-+21 on the VDI scale and when pinpointing you can tell the difference between a pull tab and nickel...pull tabs seem larger when pinpointing. Nickels are sharper and more precise.

RelicHunter97

Sep 10, 2010
Western Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice first hunt after so many years! I've heard many a good thing about the V3i, although I'm impartial to the Eagle Spectrum, good machine it is.

OP
OP
smartmoney

smartmoney

Dec 4, 2011
Lower Hudson Valley
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@relichunter...I loved my eagle spectrum. I now love the V3i. It is super powerfull

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awesome... welcome back to the wonderful world of detecting :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

HuntersWife

Sep 28, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra V3i
My husband uses the V3i and never digs on pull tabs. I have told him about similar posts where folks are finding good stuff, even gold jewelry when it reads pull tab. I hope he changes his dig strategy. If not, I may have to commandeer the unit & hunt myself. :P

OP
OP
smartmoney

smartmoney

Dec 4, 2011
Lower Hudson Valley
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hunterswife...pull tabs come up with similar VDI #s as nickels and gold rings but the trick is how they sound when pinpointing. Nickels and rings give a clearer sound when pinpointing but pull tabs give a more "elongated" sound. That elongated sound is for a complete pull tab of course. The pull tab ring alone without the tab sounds more like a nickel. I personally dont mind digging junk especially if the place yields old coins.

Ifoundit69

Saving the past one find at a time !
Dec 5, 2007
Lancaster ,VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum Xlt ,Fisher 1270, Fisher F5 ,Fisher F2, , Ctx 3030 ,Nokta Anfibio,Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
all my ex's live in texas thats why I hang my hat in Virginia :) Cool finds keep on keeping on !

flatbuttonman

Dec 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
smartmoney said:
It felt so good getting back out there after a 13 year hiatus. My ex wife never liked the fact that I used to spend hours detecting on the weekends hence why I am divorced. Well many other things as well. So anyhow, I hit an old park (1908) that I supposedly crushed years back. Although I didnt find any silver, I did find 1 IH (1900), 2 V nickels (1901,1902), 2 buffalo nickels (ND) and 4 wheats (2 from the 20s) It felt so great to be back. I have to learn my V3i though. Its a little different from my last machine...the Whites Eagle Spectrum
Great finds!!! and it is good to have u back MDN, I love the Indian Head keep it up n good hunting.
flatbuttonman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread