First day out of the back yard

LandRanger

Jul 29, 2012
Hey guys, I'm very new to MD. I'd always wanted to give it a try, so when a Whites Classic 5ID fell into my lap, I figured I would give it a go. I have spent about a month in the back yard learning how to use it, and I just about have it mastered. Today I went to an old air force base here in Lincoln, Nebraska, which has been turned into a park area. I was there all day, dug everything, but found nothing except 90 cents in clad and 50 tons of soda cans, haha. At least in my yard I found a silver dime. Oh well, just letting you guys know I was here. Any advice or funny comments accepted. I'll keep you updated.

Upvote 0

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I swing One!!! Chug Before You Dip that Coil Into the Water It is Water proof Chech around the Upper Edge of the Coil For Seperations If water gets In It A Pain to Fix Good thing Mine is Under Warranty 9 New Coils run about 119.00 Chug It Is A Great Detector It Will Find the Good Stuff Just Look At Our avatar Picture Yes I found It with A Classic 5 Chug

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got to keep swinging. Cant find it if you dont look.

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to the hobby. Only spending time will make you find the good stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You are off to a good start finding silver in your yard. I've been wanting a md for a while now and when I get one I'm starting in my yard also. Expect to find lots of nails.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread