First day out with the DFX

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Took the DFX out to try it out. Man it's like having a bunch of detectors. Each program I used sounded and acted totally different. Started in the coins mode for a few got the hang of it and then went to the jewelry and coins for a while. Then work out with the Hi trash program and then the Hi Pro program. Man it's going to take a while to get use to it all but so far I'm finding coins in all of them so far. No silver today 4th time out in a row with out. Anyone on here using a DFX in Spokane? If so what program adjustments do I need to make?

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Enjoy the DFX, once learned you will start recovering nice finds. If I may, take your time and learn how each of the settings effect one another. This is the key for maximum performance.

PaDirtDigger

Feb 2, 2015
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
White's XLT (2), Garrett Ace 250, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used a DFX in the past and i really didnt need to tweak anything... It was set from factory pretty darn well for my area im from... Wish i could have picked that up from the guy i borrowed it from!

OP
OP
M

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I want to add I was really impressed with the Depth meter and pinpointing was dead on in all different programs. I wish my At Pro was as close.

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ATP has a DD coil, which requires a different technique. The Concentric coils are all like that, right on the money.. If you don't have VCO turned on, give that a try, makes it real simple to know when you are on the mark.

Last edited:

ks coyote

Aug 30, 2012
Auburn Kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX x 2, XLT, SL 90, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I want to add I was really impressed with the Depth meter and pinpointing was dead on in all different programs. I wish my At Pro was as close.

I use the 950 coil in yards for that reason. Pinpointing is spot on with that combo which makes for a minimal plug.

pescadore

Mar 4, 2007
Schertz, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The 950 is a breeze to pinpoint with for sure especially with VCO on!! It's a pretty good all around coil. I have always been and will always be a coinshooter but the coin program is a little too restrictive for me. I use a modified C&J program most of the time. ToneID and VCO on, PAG 3, AC Sens around 72, DC Sens around 36 are the main changes. I tweak it from there if I can and there's not too much EMI. I can usually run it a little hotter with the smaller coils.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread