First day out with the Sand shark was fun but man is water hunten tuff

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field Pi/Whites Dfx/ Garrett At Pro/Garrett Ace 250/ Whites M6/ Detector Pro Pirate /Tesoro Sand Shark/
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV/ Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I decided to hit the Beach. I hit Santa Monica beach The weather was sunny but overcast in the afternoon. I had to find a scuba shop in the area to buy some silicon grease for the seal on the sand sharks battery department and also found a cool plastic pouch they sold me as we'll to put my keys and I'd in to keep dry. I started out in vco mode which I liked way more than the normal mode. I set my volume and threshold and put the pulse setting to the factory recommended and was off. I had hunted beaches before with regular detectors but man do pi,s go deep.I must of dug 30 penny's at least. I also dug some nickels pull tabs and some soda can tops and quarters. I also found some dimes a lead wait misc iron and trash and a ladies hoop earring and I think what are 2 small cheap rings and a small bracelet. The Vco is pretty cool it gives you a faint tone when there deeper targets. The coil occasionally had to be put back in position from the waves etc like I've read with the 10.5 inch coils. I hunted about 6 hours there wasnt to much and no gold but its also winter wich doesn't help. There also was another guy detecting there with a pi. All and all I like the sand Shark very much and it works well on dry and wet sand. But I think I've never hunted where it was this tuff or physically demanding. Parks are so much easier. Happy hunting to all.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    470.8 KB · Views: 291
Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet first hunt! As I said at Friendly, learn the Normal mode and you'll score some DEEP gold when you begin catching the soft negative breaks in the threshold. Big Gold!:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Trackerman

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field Pi/Whites Dfx/ Garrett At Pro/Garrett Ace 250/ Whites M6/ Detector Pro Pirate /Tesoro Sand Shark/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool Terry i will try normal mode next time if its a bit deeper

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Parks are easy but not for PI's. Water hunting is tough and that is why there are less doing it. The Sand Shark is the one for the water and is more trouble free than the Excal's. Good luck with it.

OP
OP
Trackerman

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Sandman the shark has been nice so far. I'll post finds on my next beach trip Happy hunting and best of luck to ya.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread