First day with a water machine and I score a silver ring!

Slipperyjack47

Apr 5, 2008
Solon Springs Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Procoil and SEF coils Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Been thinking about buying a water machine so as summer and the heat arrive I could still detect in some what of a more comfortable state. My good buddy has a nice Whites surf master 2 and told me to try it out for a few weeks as he was going on a fiching trip and would not be needing it. I did'nt hesitate at the chance to give it a whirl! The following day I went to a coin show earlier in the morning so I could drool and dream of what coins I need to swing my minelab over and then preceeded to head to a local lake where I have seen people swimming at a public boat ramp. It did'nt take long till I got the hang of swinging the coil in water (Man is that different!) I started picking up pennies and even a dime now and then. I had started in shallow and then worked out to water about chest high when I got a hard hit and pulled up a junk ring (DARN!) I thought why could'nt it have been GOLD! I continued on and did'nt go 3 feet when again another hard signal and after a few scoops I found this little beauty laying in the bottom of the scooper:D I think I'll invest in one of these water machines now! lol

HH
Slipperjack

Attachments

• Picture 105.jpg
    Picture 105.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 484
  • Picture 106.jpg
    Picture 106.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 480
  • Picture 107.jpg
    Picture 107.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 486
  • Picture 108.jpg
    Picture 108.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 486
Upvote 0

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,
Way to go one the jewelry. Sounds like your hooked. So hard to get back on land once you start pulling out the jewelry. Congrats. :occasion18:

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Way to go Jack, you are just finding all kinds of stuff lately! Try not to drown yourself out there...walk slowly & be alert for dropoffs.

OP
OP
Slipperyjack47

Slipperyjack47

Apr 5, 2008
Solon Springs Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Procoil and SEF coils Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Yes Relichunters it is .925 silver, sorry my pics are of poor quality, I am buying a better camera soon and hopefully this will help.Thanks for looking!

HH
Slipperyjack

gallienus267

Jul 18, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Cobra Beach Magnet Fisher 1270
That ring has sure been in the water for a long time. Dark silver is as fun as new silver is. With the competition as wicked as it is in the water it is great to snag something that has not been scooped up by someone else.

jraven

Jun 9, 2007
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705
Nice work!! I couldn't imagine swinging totally submerged in water. My arm gets tired swinging in air... I'd like to try some time tho.....

HH

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on that nice silver Jack and the rest :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
That would be a great way to spend a hot day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread