First Day with Ace 250

Zerick

May 4, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recieved my ace 250 on saturday and after watching the video and reading the book I headed out to my front and back yard. Within a couple hours I found one quarter one clad dime. One silver dime. One wheat penny and five clad pennies. I am very excited about this detector. And just wanted to share my first finds.

ForumRunner_20120514_111210.png

Upvote 0

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awesome finds man your well on your way now keep at it :thumbsup:

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to the net, Zerick. Another one prooves that an Ace 250 DOES work, right out of the box! Keep at it and post more finds. TTC

gcsod45

Tenderfoot
May 15, 2012
I also recently got a slightly used Ace250. I have been out 3 time. Found about 60 coins nothing old. Old coins are hard to find here. But have found 2 rings so far. Keep up the good work and keep your coil to the ground.

OP
OP
Zerick

Zerick

May 4, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you everyone. Im really going to love this forum. Thanks for the tips. And I hope I find some old coins. The history around here is great. From Mark Twain to the V and T railroad. Who knows what I will find. :)

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good work, 1320 and keep it up! keep us posted. TTC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you everyone. Im really going to love this forum. Thanks for the tips. And I hope I find some old coins. The history around here is great. From Mark Twain to the V and T railroad. Who knows what I will find. :)
What is your location, Zerick? My favorite spot for old coins is construction sites where they scrape the topsoil away (an EPA thing) putting you about 4/5 inches closer to the deep stuff! Go for it, guy! TTC

MrLee

Mar 25, 2012
Tokyo & OC
Detector(s) used
Google Earth, BS Detector, $$
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you get use to the Ace250 it becomes a great machine for the price. I want to get rid of mine and get a GB2 for my real interests, but it's so hard to part with the 250.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When you get use to the Ace250 it becomes a great machine for the price. I want to get rid of mine and get a GB2 for my real interests, but it's so hard to part with the 250.
Lee, keep the 250 and get the GB2 (I own both). Both have there own spot in the game. Besides, you won't get enough from selling the 250 to be worth it. Keep it. TTC

OP
OP
Zerick

Zerick

May 4, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TerryC said:
What is your location, Zerick? My favorite spot for old coins is construction sites where they scrape the topsoil away (an EPA thing) putting you about 4/5 inches closer to the deep stuff! Go for it, guy! TTC

I would have never thought about construction sites. Sounds like a great spot. Thanks for the tip!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Zerick

Zerick

May 4, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cntrydncr1 said:
amazing that you got silver your first time out! congrats

Right!? I was so excited. And I didn't even have to leave the house. Haha. Thank you.

Happy Harry

Feb 15, 2008
San Mateo County California
Detector(s) used
ACE250,Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great start. I got .12 cents my first time out with my Ace 250, all clad. I have been using mine for four going on five years. I recently purchased a Garretts Infinium LS for serious gold and beach hunting. I have no thoughts of parting with the ACE250. Just found too many coins/jewlery(valuables) As well as tons of keepers that have no particular value. Its the fun of the hunt not what is found. HHHH

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver on your first hunt! A cool way to start ....Keep up the good work and good luck!!! HH

Goldmoon

May 6, 2012
BC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 350, Ironclad "Viking" Digger
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good finds for your first time out! I've only found a few clad pennies & some garbage

Do you guys happen to get an incredibly large amount of soda can tabs & bottle caps?

Its driving me nuts! lol

(Using a Garrett 350 Euro)

I'm in BC, Canada, so there is not much historical stuff here, but I'm hoping to find some jewelry.

OP
OP
Zerick

Zerick

May 4, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goldmoon said:
Do you guys happen to get an incredibly large amount of soda can tabs & bottle caps?

I took it out camping this weekend and there were so many bottle tops it was insane!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread