First day with Deus - Merc and a Barber!!

Murray8144

Aug 20, 2015
Essex County, NJ
Detector(s) used
eTrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went from the at-pro to the e-trac a little over a year ago. Loved the etrac, especially where i hunt most (parks), but the weight was getting to me. My right arm is in fairly good shape but it got to be that i couldn't swing that boat anchor more than an hour or so before my elbow would start complaining.

I settled on the deus and picked it up yesterday. Did a little messing around with it in my yard (thanks to 'toasted' for giving me tips on set-up), and took it out at lunch today to a park. So far so good....

IMG_5837.PNG IMG_5838.PNG IMG_5839.PNG IMG_5840.PNG IMG_5842.PNG

Happy Hunting All

Upvote 11

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like your off to a good start with your new machine, Congrats on the silvers!!

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
if that's the beginning, it would appear you're going to have a very enjoyable career using the Deus- GL!

-- Jeff --

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
love the deus and it sounds like you will too. for some of us, there is what I call the "worth factor," is it worth the back ache or arm/shoulder ache from using a heavy machine? when it gets bad enough, something has to give if you want to keep detecting. when you begin dreading using a machine, it's time to find something better for you. An aching body can really take the fun or enjoyment out of something you love to do. darn good start too, sounds like you got some great advice

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent hunt!!! I love my Deus! Keep with it , It will surprise you!

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the silver pair of dimes Murray. Looks like your new detector is treating you well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread