First Day with new Ace 250

chicepo

Jun 5, 2008
Calabash, North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Ace 250/Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got my new Ace 250 and took it out for a test drive. I am new to MD and starting to learn
what to do when I hear the beep! I am digging all sounds now, but will be able to chose once I
have more time in the field. I got a toe ring today. It say China on the inside of the band but Hey I'ts
a ring and I'll take it !!! The rest of the stuff is junk some coin and lead sinkers. I'll be out again
tomorrow morning.

Attachments

• 62808 finds.JPG
    62808 finds.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 850
Upvote 0

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's exactly how it starts. I use the dig it all philosophy. That way I know for sure I get all the good stuff. Good luck in the hunt.
JuJu :icon_pirat:

SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6 with Bullseye Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A ring the first time is impressive. Aring is a ring.

Good Hunting

SKD

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the greatest place to share the story and pics of the goodies we find. Nice finds for a first trip out with the Ace 250. Practice won't make you perfect but it will make you very good. It took me a while to get used to mine but I really do like it, especially along the lakeshore and tot lots.

DANGLANGLEY

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Sounds like a pretty good start! Very nice job!! :thumbsup: Metal detecting will get easier and easier as you go along. I am still learning to use the Minelab Explorer SE which I got in May. Let me tell you...I am mainly a coin hunter and instead of finding old coins. I have found my first ever relic which was a mason fruit jar lid from the 1880's to early 1900's. Which I was surprised. So Whenever you here a beep that is not in All metal mode or in all metal mode. I say dig it! You will never know what is underneath the ground unless you try!! Keep hunting! :thumbsup:

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm new to detecting too. I just started back in March on the 8th. I also have an Ace 250, its a great machine. In just a few months I have found all kinds of treasure!!!

Oh yea. I started out in all metal mode, but everywhere I went was loaded with trash, so I hunt in coin mode 90% of the time, the other 10% I hunt in jewelry mode. I know I am missing some good stuff, but I don't want to spend 99% of my time digging beer caps and pull tabs. But that's just me.

Good luck

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
Well I am not new to MDing and I carry my Ace250 with me wherever I go. I have baggies full of silver and gold jewelry and coins dating back well into the 1800s. In two years I have found several hundered dollars worth of clad as well!!! Don't let anyone fool ya. Those little Aces will find some wonderful stuff. Congrats and happy hunting. Keep swinging that coil and you will find all sorts of wonderful things!

~Nash~

sqwaby

Apr 13, 2008
As you get more experience you'll start to see a pattern of tones and target info. and you will have a pretty good idea of what you've found before you dig. Depending on how I set the disc. and where I'm MDing I'll dig almost every signal. Spend the time and learn what that machine is telling, there are some good videos done by some board members here that are quite helpful.

Digginman

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Stephens City, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Ace250 Tesoro Cibola
You will learn to love that little machine. It's wonderful. Mine has passed to my daughter, but, I have found so much with it.

Great finds.

DM

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to tnet as well... I too have an ace, hit the beach today ( not in the water) shocked the heck outta me... out of all the machine I have or had, today I found the most change ever... no jewelry as the heat got to me..but in all honesty, I was impressed...today was quarter day for me...just bout every coin I found was a quarter, infact 8 in one hole... not a bad day in my book...you just keep at it..and you will be find tons of stuffs...

best of luck hunting..
Booty

djabend

Dec 12, 2006
Cicero, NY
Detector(s) used
White's DFX 300 Sunray DX-1 probe/ XLT Sunray XL-1 probe
Welcome to Treasurenet.
A ring on the first hunt is a good start.
HH,
Donny

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to the club. I've had mine 3 months and getting better by the day.... you will to. Learn, listen, and read on here alot. There is a wealth of experience on TNET. Happy hunting :coffee2:

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to TNet, I have been hunting since 1960, and I still learn something new every time I go out, of course, my first finds in the clad department were all SILVER. Back then we never heard of clad and I did spend it all at the candy store... Congrats on your first hunt :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread