banjonyc

banjonyc

Sep 13, 2012
Brooklyn NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, White Beach Hunter ID 300, minelab Excalibur II
shawngrey16 said:
Come down to long beach sometime

Come on over to far rock. I'm in the 20s. I have a permit for city parks but not for long island beaches. Isn't long beach considered a state park?

shawngrey16

Aug 22, 2012
New York(fornow)
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
banjonyc said:
Come on over to far rock. I'm in the 20s. I have a permit for city parks but not for long island beaches. Isn't long beach considered a state park?

What's 20's sorry not familiar with ny too much. But nope long beach is perfectly fine

gobble-gobble

Sep 7, 2012
North Port , Florida
Detector(s) used
own, excal 1000, excal. II , explorer II, Fisher CZ21, Vibra-Tector

Sold-BHID (2), DetecorPro-PI, Fisher CZ 2o, Fisher1280, Sovereign & many other minelabs & whites detectors
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just picked up a Whites Beach Hunter. Very excited to get started. Look out Rockaway Beach!

Good luck with your new detector. Try to hunt all metal & watch the lights, they don't lie. If you see any red don't dig. If you get talk back lower the sen. in disc. you will not lose much depth, I have turned the sen. to almost off in the black sand & hit many a target. Did you get the 12" or 9 1/2" coil?

OP
OP
banjonyc

banjonyc

Sep 13, 2012
Brooklyn NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, White Beach Hunter ID 300, minelab Excalibur II
gobble-gobble said:
Good luck with your new detector. Try to hunt all metal & watch the lights, they don't lie. If you see any red don't dig. If you get talk back lower the sen. in disc. you will not lose much depth, I have turned the sen. to almost off in the black sand & hit many a target. Did you get the 12" or 9 1/2" coil?

Thanks for the tips. I got the 12 inch coil. Looking forward to low tide tomorrow.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread