Kzoo County, MI
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro,
Garrett ACE350,
Fisher CZ-20,
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great keepers. I like the old compact. What new machine did ya get?

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice going. What is the new machine?

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds!

Brentallica

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score on the double Mercs!!!!! :headbang: Wish I could have joined you guys that day. Cool old tin too. Look out Michigan - D is armed with an E-Trac. Congrats dude!!

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
fistfulladirt

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
How do you like the e-trac? I may make the plunge this weekend on one.
I didn't like the price. On that note, Bart @ Big Boy Hobbies gave me a great deal on an accessories package, so it took some of the sting out.
I've never dug so many nails before. I have to figure this one out, as I rarely dug nails with my other explorer.
It's a heavy combo now that I've put the bigger SEF coil on the stick, so I may end up with a shoulder harness to help carry weight on the long hunts.
I did dig silver (at pounded spots) on both outings, so I'm happy.

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I didn't like the price. On that note, Bart @ Big Boy Hobbies gave me a great deal on an accessories package, so it took some of the sting out.
I've never dug so many nails before. I have to figure this one out, as I rarely dug nails with my other explorer.
It's a heavy combo now that I've put the bigger SEF coil on the stick, so I may end up with a shoulder harness to help carry weight on the long hunts.
I did dig silver (at pounded spots) on both outings, so I'm happy.

I have been working my self up to the cost. I am still going back and forth, there are two local dealers of detectors PRO STOCK in allegan and PTS in Portage.
I am not sure if I want to go AT Gold or E-trac. big diff in price, with that said I hate my Ace 350 and I have learned my Bounty hunter is 10 X better. it could just be a bad detector but I got them at the same time and the BH has handed my Garrett its own butt.
My wife and kids dont even want to swing it (and it was new) and they out dig me and I dig it all just about.
But with 2 great dealers close by and I am impressed by both and they have great prices.
What settings do you run?
Thanks
Ben

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the Mercs and love the compact tin, D. :icon_thumleft: Glad you got out!

HH

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nails? Once you get the area cleaned up you will get better and deeper targets. I prefer to just skim the surface and get more ground covered. Sounds like you have a great time.

Dig, your gonna make a lot of friends telling the truth about that Bounty Hunter. Last time out, my wife out did me with my old Bounty Hunter. But I still cant put down my Fisher. I have considered a Minelab, and if its meant to be, I'll have one. But it is clear its the person and not the detector, no matter what you swing. I do enjoy learning to make a new detector sing.

I like the fact you was able to hit old ground and do well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions