granthansen

Bronze Member
May 16, 2012
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett Ace 350, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got my Fisher CZ-21 and was jonesin' to get out. Although I won't hit the beach till this upcoming weekend, I managed to get out in my already hunted backyard for about 20 minutes. I took a video of my first dig (rang up kind of high, although I'm still getting used to the machine). Feel free to experience it with me:

Although at first it doesn't seem like much, I think it winds up having pretty personal meaning to me, which makes it a great find. I wrote in more detail about it on my site -- First Dig with My Fisher CZ-21 | Treasure Detectors -- but will give a brief synopsis here:

BTW, I checked forum rules. I think it's OK to link to outside site, but if I'm not being kosher, please let me know!

I don't think this was a manufactured product, but rather handmade by my grandfather many years ago. He was a machinist, tool and die maker, and overall craftsman and artist. So I'm pretty stoked. You can see how the holes aren't aligned straight, nor is the etching. Again, a bit more info and detective work is in the article (too long to post here).

6-10-pop-spatula.png

Upvote 1

gunntekk1

Mar 19, 2005
Newport PA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Discovery 2200 and ACE 250, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i to think it is a spatula cool find

OP
OP
granthansen

granthansen

Bronze Member
May 16, 2012
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett Ace 350, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Knowing my grandfather and how he worked, I do believe the initial intent of this was to be a spatula. But because I found it near the garden, I think he had a change of plans and made a small hand-held hoe, or something like it. But who can say for sure!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread