First Dime

jasonhunt19201

Tenderfoot
Feb 6, 2008
sturgis sd
I suppose those MDing veterans will laugh, but I found my first dime and quarter today. It was my second time out with my Ace 250. The ground thawed just enough in the front yard I could dig and not have to break my back. I found the quarter on the surface, I probably dropped getting my keys and the dime next to a big tree. Nothing real old but, it was fun none the less. What a great hobby, you come home richer than u started most times.

Upvote 0

RONC(OR)

Aug 28, 2006
Eugene ,OR
Detector(s) used
Etrac/ X-8-X-1/ /Excalibur 2/AuqaHog ~yayer
perseverance and persistence are the key to this hobby as long as you are having a good time that is whats important nice finds HH RonC

UncleVinnys

Bronze Member
Dec 27, 2007
Hancock Street, Folsom, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Way to go!

Yeah, you can always pick up some loose change.

Been hunting for 6 weeks now, and found dimes, but still waiting
to find my first silver coin (pre-1965).

stryker-one

Aug 10, 2007
Independence, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Scorpion Gold Stinger and Tesoro Silver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finding coins--any coins when MDing is not getting skunked--and I do not think anyone is going to laugh at you.

WTG

Stryker

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
That's how this bug starts.Once you find a coin or two,all you think about is what's it gonna be next.Welcome to Tnet.

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
Hey Jason, you are right this is a great hobby. Looking at your location, I would think you can find areas where many motorcyclists gathered and dropped money!

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
You have to start somewhere and everybody here also found a first dime, a first quarter at one time or another!! Congrats on getting out and finding some goodies!!

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Next thing you know you'll be looking to buy a tumbler,they add up quick.HH!!

mark43

Apr 8, 2007
Peru, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 whites m6
i got my ace 250 last spring and have not been shut out yet.....even if its only a few modern coins. keep at it and you will gain experiance with your 250.......next time you post, you might be telling us you found your first old coin or relic. an old chinese man told me "you must become one with your detector"........ok, so that didnt really happen but, you know what i mean:) i had a quarter reading on mine last year and ended up pulling out a ww1 infantry collar clasp with the company letter E on it........so a coin signal might not always be a coin.........thats what makes this hobbie so stimulating and exciting..........good luck and keep at it. im sure you will find things that you least expected to find..............mark43

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
civilman1 said:
Next thing you know you'll be looking to buy a tumbler,they add up quick.HH!!

This is true, I haven't gotten a tubler yet but I did open a simple savings account to put my clad in so as to save up for my next detector. My bank has a coin counter that is free to customers of the bank so I just clean them in soap and water, dry them off and put them in a zip lock bag and "take them to the bank" (I've always wanted to say that ;D ). Some times its just a $1.00, sometimes it's a couple but it still adds up!

Keep up the good work!

HH

PTP

P

Pentico

Congrads on finding the first coins!
Sounds like you have been bitten by the bug for sure.
Keep singing and digging and all the good stuff will come to you!
We use the Ace 250 and love it!
All we need is a little warm weather to get out.
Chris & LeeAnn

NOTICE: Colorado snow for sale, call for current market price!

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Just keep diggin! You never know what's going to pop outta the ground next. Every time I find a piece of silver or gold jewelry, I'm very surprised about where it was and the reading on my detector! That's what makes this hobby so dang fun!!

HH,
Moon

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, you're off to a good start. It will only get better but you do have to be persistent. And remember everyone is showing all their good stuff and not the piles of pull tabs and garbage. Keep digging!

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to TNet Jason. Wait til you find your first silver coin or gold ring, the fun is just beginning.

Nat

nebstater

Jul 24, 2007
Star City
Detector(s) used
White's - DFX,Prizm V, Spectra V3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your first dime. Just wait until the ground thaws, and you find your first silver coin. Then the fun really begins. Once you find one, you won't be able to stop looking for more. WTG and welcome aboard.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions