Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ventured down to the athletic fields where they put on the fireworks display on the 3rd. It didn't look like anyone had been down there hunting until I hit the chips and only found a penny, so someone had been there. Last year I cleaned up on clad there after several thousand kids and adults had been in the playground. Anyway, I hunted the outskirts where people would have sat in their lawnchairs to watch the fireworks. I only had about an hour and I dug a dollar and 89 cents worth of clad. My second dig was a Sacajawea (sp?) year 2000 dollar coin! My first dollar coin , so it was somewhat of a thrill. It will never be the equal of a silver dollar, but what is? Monty

Upvote 0

coolcash2004

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Nice find Monty. Nothing will ever be the same as an old silver dollar, but a dollar is still a dollar. Nice find.

-CC

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a Dollar is always Nice to find.

Congrats !

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
Hey, I've never found a dollar coin while detecting,congratulations. :) I would have been thrilled!

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
So true Monty...found my first Sac a little while back and it was almost better than silver,I said almost...Congrat's and HH!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread