First Dollar Coin!

Diamondman307

Sep 20, 2016
Stockton, CA
Detector(s) used
Pioneer EX, Garrett GP Pointer, Bounty Hunter Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's been a while since I posted last. Anyway, I've hunted a few times since then, but there wasn't anything good enough to post. So, I went back to the park where I'm digging every signal. In that area (still can't get past the first pass) I found a couple coins, then this guy rides up on a bike and says to look in this area that is ignored by other detectorists. I headed towards that area. There was a guy there, so I didn't want to disturb him, but on the way back from there, I got a really high signal. I thought it was a pipe because there was some material that was solid and almost didn't dig it. I'm glad I did. This disc flipped out, and I saw that it was a dollar coin (2009-P). I was like, "YES!" to my grandma (she takes me). It was a great day, in the end.
20170205_151357.jpg Finds for the day.
20170205_152232.jpg Obverse.
20170205_152410.jpg Reverse.
20170205_152525.jpg Rim.

(Check out my Google Docs with my achievements and coin finds)

Dang, pictures always turn upside down.

Upvote 20
Congrats on your 1st dollar coin, May I make 2 suggestions? :dontknow:

1. Create an album on your Tnet profile and post all your pics

2. remove

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IverXop-kf_Z6Sj5E4VU8b5rvWfg9H1JlAeaoVj64oU/edit - Every coin that I've found https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IverXop-kf_Z6Sj5E4VU8b5rvWfg9H1JlAeaoVj64oU/edit - My achievements and bucket listyur google sits

since it bleeds into all your posts.

Might not do the album right now, but will remove it.

Ok Loco, done (not with album).

Thanks, don't your posts look better now?

I have 3 albums on my profile if you care to see some of my finds.

Thanks, don't your posts look better now?

I have 3 albums on my profile if you care to see some of my finds.

Yeah, they really do. I checked out your finds. Nice!

I found my first $1 coin last summer at a park along the Ohio River in PA, it was a 2000-P and a nice surprise.

You never know what's next.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back