First Dream box of Dimes

MentalUnrest

Nov 14, 2010
I realize everyone interpretation of a dream box is different, but I finally got what I think is a dream box of dimes. I have done about 30-35 boxes a week for the past 2 months and average 1-2 per box, which seems about average based on all the posts about dimes. I knew it was going to be a good box when I had 3 Merc enders. Ended up with a total of 16 Rosies and 8 Mercs. 24 total in one box was 14 more than my previous best.

My goal is 1 full roll a week, and have hit this the past 6 weeks.

Upvote 0

Steve L.

Oct 11, 2008
Vienna, ME
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Time Ranger, White's DFX-300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mental,
Dream or not, that is an AWESOME box of dimes! :notworthy:
My best box of dimes only gave up three. Great job!
Steve

FIRE310

Mar 22, 2011
Midwest
Detector(s) used
Garret AT PRO, Ace 250, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome dime score!!!

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice box of dimes. I never search boxes anymore, have way better luck with bags and customer rolls. I'd usually find 1 per box, it just got old.

MauserMan

Jun 7, 2010
MA
Detector(s) used
BH Tiv
:o Congrats!!! Someday I hope to get a score like that.

30 boxes a week, dayum, that's crazy!

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow doing 30 to 35 boxes a week. How many banks do you pick up dimes at. Plus do yu have diferent banks that you dump at. Plus do you just edge check for silver.....Matt

OP
OP
MentalUnrest

MentalUnrest

Nov 14, 2010
I pick up 16 boxes on Wednesday and another 16 on Saturday. I order from 6 different banks - pick up from 3 Wednesday and the other 3 Saturday. I only do rim search as I already have full set and do not think there are enough errors or low mintage dimes to warrant the time looking at every dime. I will occasionally look at the shiny rims to see if it is a 2009 as these were somewhat low but do not have much, if any, premium.

The dump process is very easy with dimes as the counters very rarely jam up - with halves, the dumping process was awful. Dimes are dumped in half the time.

Hi Ho Silver!

Jan 31, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
That is a great score if you look at how little is being found for the most part!!!! That would be a Dream Box for me too! (even though 100 silvers has been the majic number for a Dream Box on this board) :headbang: :headbang:

OP
OP
MentalUnrest

MentalUnrest

Nov 14, 2010
Like I said in another post - a dream box is whatever the person thinks it is. With 1-2 being average for a box a dimes, 24 was indeed a dream box for me. If I had a box with over 100 in it, I would probably fall out of my chair and bang my head on the corner of the table.

This is why I do so many boxes. For the past 6 weeks, I have filled a full roll of 50 every week and with 1-2 per box - it takes this amount to get those results. I enjoy the quantity as I know sooner or later I will hit one of those types of boxes. The halves went totally dry in my area just after Christmas, so I had to try a new approach. With. As of today a full roll is worth $141.93 - I am happy with getting one roll a week.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread