cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last Saturday was the first time I used my newest bank as a dump. It is a brand new branch of WAMU. I think I was only the 2nd person to bring in a large amount of coins, more on that in a bit.

I brought in two bags of cents at $50 each. The brand new "vault teller" had never done bags before and was eager to help. I was at the "receptionist" stand and he came up and took both bags in one hand and carried them to his little island. He even said that the bank can provide me with empty bags. He was curious as to how I had so many coins.

Now, about the first depositor of bulk coins. It happened two days earlier. He said someone had brought in about $300 in coins that their grandfather had given them in his will. (it had been split up between all the grandkids and this was just one of the kids) My ears perked up when I heard grandfather & will in the same sentence ;D. I started to ask a few questions, it turns out that they were already gone from the bank. They do not have storage space so "brinks" already got it on Friday. >:(

I told the teller I would have bought the entire lot because that is how I get all my coins. Form now on he will save me all the big coin deposits. :) :) :) If I had only gone in on thursday to make my deposit I might be swimming in silver :) or clad >:(

Upvote 0

AFModell

Feb 27, 2006
DE
Sounds like someone just added another dream bag to circulation! Im sorry you missed out on the rascal.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread