First ever 1973 Half Dollar with the Minelab Explorer SE! Its awesome!

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Now I know I did not find a silver half dollar but this is just as good! My friend who I have known since 5th grade called me up yesterday and wanted to go metal detecting with me. I said alright, "I am leaving at 6:00am in the morning". He said, "Thats fine but you will have to wake me up."

So the next day We woke up at 6am and started to go to the spot that I have hunted before. The grassy field was hunted for about an hour with no results. I was very dissapointed to say the least. My friend and I have not found anything. By the way my friend was using my old Tracker IV metal detector which is about to die because it has been with me for 2 years. I said why not check the playground over there. Which I have hunted before.

We went over to the playground...He took one half and I took another. He didn't find much..Only .25-.26 cents. I found 78 Cents! Also my first signal on the playground was a 1973 half dollar! Man when I saw that big coin come up from the woodchips you bet I was excited! My friend was like woah! He had never seen anyone find a half dollar before. I did not care if it was silver or not but i just new that I found a half dollar! :thumbsup:

Anyways we hunted for a little while longer and I found a quarter and three pennies. That is pretty good for a playground that I have already managed to hunt. People must drop stuff pretty often here! Might have to come back another day to see if anyone has dropped anything recent!

I think I am sticking to playgrounds and beach for now. 8) I do not want to wreak the grass just finding the treasure. :icon_pirat:

Hopefully everyone got out for a couple of hours like I did! :) Oh By the way. I had to scan it to get a good picture. My camera was not coroperating this morning.

Here is the picture:

findsformondaythe16th.jpg

Upvote 0

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Detectingfreak said:
My friend was like woah!

Your friend might have been reacting that same way when you whipped out the Se! Great find I hit a 96 Kennedy half today with my dfx...my Se got a break... :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Detectingfreak

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Thank you for all the replies! It is a true joy to see you all replying! :thumbsup:

conlaodh

Dec 10, 2007
Denver
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 505, Explorer II
Nice job,I like half dollars, kinda like you have a real coin in your hand when you find one.
Congrats
Conlaodh

mikewaz

Bronze Member
May 9, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266 X Fisher F75
Great Find Freak !!
It's weird that even finding 5 quarters doesn't equal finding 50 cents in one big coin.
HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread