First ever hunt with new at pro.

altereddezignz

Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well back in from my first ever yard hunt. My own yard that is. I must practice somewhere right? Anyways here we go. This is about an hour or so. 1972 dime. 1949 one cent priece. 1971,69,64,80,85 pennies a round knockout tab and a wire end. Not to bad I don't think. I'll post images a little later bc I can't get them to upload from iPhone 6 plus for some reason.

Upvote 9
OP
OP
A

altereddezignz

Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had kinda thought so but then started second guessing myself. I used the old google today and was pretty sure i had a wheat. Thanks for the help.

JerseyDigger19

Apr 20, 2015
West Orange, NJ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You know what's the best thing about wheats? They are a great indication that silver could be around. When you're out detecting, and you start hitting a wheat or two (especially when they are not too deep, 3 or 4 inches) hunt that area carefully as silver coins could be close by!

OP
OP
A

altereddezignz

Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know what's the best thing about wheats? They are a great indication that silver could be around. When you're out detecting, and you start hitting a wheat or two (especially when they are not too deep, 3 or 4 inches) hunt that area carefully as silver coins could be close by!

Awesome info thanks. I only had under an hour in the hunt so I plan to take a little more time. I was also excited and I know I rushed the hunt so I'm going to slow done a little.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread