Vancouver
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Garrett AT Pro
Deteknix Xpointer
ProPointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
was MDing the in-laws' cabin, built in the 50's. found an assortment of junk: some beer/soda cans, a selection of copper/stainless water pipes, a brass grommet from a tarp, a penny (1988) a nickel (1989) and an unidentified grate I posted in the "what is it?" forum.

20140914_175832[1].jpg
20140914_175933[1].jpg
20140914_202433[1].jpg

Upvote 6

Mr.T

Sep 10, 2010
France
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two coins is a great score. It's just luck what they might be! In a trashy site like that, when you get a big low signal I use a long screwdriver to poke in the ground and you will soon tell an old can. The fact the house was built in the 50s may mean its time to use it as a test garden, but look at moving on. Detecting is about only one thing, Geography! You have to put yourself in the right place. You have done well so far! Clean out that site first, and you will have learned a huge amount. If you find great stuff well and good, but you are getting a great understanding of your machine either way. gl hh

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You got some good practice with your machine there, spending time learning how your machine reacts will help you get better finds later !

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep digging, there are more coins out there. Looks like a drain grate.

OP
OP
T

TheHappyCanadian

Sep 14, 2014
Vancouver
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Garrett AT Pro
Deteknix Xpointer
ProPointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks all.

in addition I found some loops of Romex 14/2 copper wire, bits of foil, and aluminum slag in ashes/char (probable firepit site)

the soda cans and copper pipes were all in the same area in the back corner of the lot, technically on city property (shh...) but I also found random trash leading me to believe that it was a dump site for whoever lived there before. I plan on returning to the site in a few weeks and I like the idea of a long screwdriver for probing for cans, as I have seen others on this site using it for precision digging as well.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
its a great start, in a few months you will have dug a lot of great stuff (and a whole lot of trash) but it is a blast!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread