First ever permission 1903 v nickel

68kaiser

Feb 6, 2016
Northern California
Detector(s) used
F4, tesoro vaquero, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not a very social guy... So asking a home owner if I can dig up there front yard just is not easy for me to do.
Today I was driving thru my old town with a friend and saw a yard with the first 6" of dirt removed for a new lawn.. This is in a old part of town easily 1900s if not earlier. I said to my friend "we have to knock on their door" I sucked it up and walked up and gave them my schpeel... To my surprise it went perfectly. So we went to hunting. I found a few wheat backs, old button and a 1903 V nickel.it was toasted from the hard water and dirt in the area so I said the hell with it and decided to clean it. It has bad pitting on it. Its to bad it has good detail other than that.
So to all that are new to the game.. Go out and knock on some doors you got nothing to loose and all to gain.... KIMG0038.jpg KIMG0042.jpg

Upvote 12
OP
OP
68kaiser

68kaiser

Feb 6, 2016
Northern California
Detector(s) used
F4, tesoro vaquero, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ment to say in the first post.... This is my second v nickel this year.. I was sure I would find some silver at this house.. I have been cursed for silver its killing me. I dig any signal that is obove iron that I can pin point and nothing its starting to get to me.

tomhighland

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2015
In MI woods
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good finds. Hopefully they will make it easier for you to ask for more permissions.

trapperart

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2015
Maryland's eastern shore
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites MXTPro whites MXSport
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the nickel, you keep digging those signals and I'm sure the good stuff will come PATIENTS

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
V Nickels are great coins to find. Congrats on getting out of your car and knocking. It does pay off.

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice v and congrats on having the courage to try your door knock . Trust me it gets easier with practice

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the nickel, you keep digging those signals and I'm sure the good stuff will come PATIENTS

Ya know what? Having patience will make a patient outta me yet! :tongue3:

(sorry! couldn't resist! DUCK! INCOMING! )

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread