First ever silver!

darktower007

Feb 21, 2017
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus/Vaquero/At Max/fisher f70/carrot pen pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been at this for one month now and I finally found silver! After a 6 hour hunt at a school and old football field, a scratchy tone on the f70 at 5 inches yielded a 1963 Rosie!

I'm not sure what the large silver looking round thing is? It was at a school from the 1940's. Bout 5 inches down. Rang in at 82 or so which is in the silver range on the f70. But not markings on it?
IMG_0775.JPG
IMG_0781.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upvote 22
Forget your former life, you are now hooked.

I know right! Every big field or old house I pass on the road, I'm tempted to yank my truck in and ask permission to hunt it!

Yes it's threaded.

Since it is threaded. There are a host of things it can support. It may be a base for a candle stick, even a small decorative knick knack. No way of telling unless you go back to that site and find something that fits. lol

first silver, memorable - the next and others after it, will still be memorable..., trust me!
Good Finds! :thumbsup:
The round silver thing, does it have any maker's marks or anything to make you believe it might be plated silver?
Size of the object often rings higher than the metal id #

Congratulations!
Bet that felt great.
I've found a silver ring but still waiting on my first coin.

Noah

You'll find your gold yet. Probably when you least expect it. Your first silver is always fantastic. My latest silver is still fantastic.

Oh man I sat back and just looked at it for like 5 minutes. It was near a crosswalk beside the school. Trashy signals all over the place.. including the dreaded pencil eraser top I kept digging everywhere cause they ring in high.

Congrats on your first silver. I'm almost a year in and still no silver. My husband seems to sniff it out better than me. Hope you find many more!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back