First excalibur II

general

Sep 9, 2004
Parrish fl
Detector(s) used
White's XLT,Tesoro tiger shark, excal 2, CZ21
Hope you got a good deal on ebay! Make sure you use the silicone on the gasket for the battery cable to avoid leaks. Take time to learn your machine. Good luck and let us know how you did.

Mainelypulltab

Aug 26, 2011
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal II
RH, I am not too smart, but my first thought is to have some fun tomorrow no matter what. I know a dtcorist who says he hunts in the pinpoint mode and digs everything. I do not, I hunt with zero descrimination, sensitivy about 1 o'clock or if I am thinking right, 5 or 4. Volume so I can hear the threshold, threshold barely audible, and I hunt in discriminate mode vice pin point. I have found some jewelry, not like the gals and guys in Fl., but enough to make my day when I find it. Hope this is helps and hope you have a great first day.

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went and bought a 2 inch braided, padded nylon belt from Lowes. I removed the Excal control unit from the upper rod then i measured the distance of the bolts holding the control unit to the upper rod. I used this measurement and used it on the nylon belt. I used a leather punch to cut the holes through the padded part of the nylon belt. I then attached the control unit to the belt.

Being right handed I wear the control unit on my left hip at about 10 o'clock. I then run the head phone cord behind my back and then under my arm to my right ear, and the coil wire hangs with plenty of slack running in front of me to just below the hand grip on the shaft.

I have an Anderson straight shaft and a 10 inch coil and I think the total coil and shaft weigh less than 2 pounds. I can swing that all day without any fatigue.

Total investment $12.00. And it did no void my warranty!!

chuckie

Nov 12, 2012
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Garret Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi River Hound,

I can tell you that 47thelement has the right idea. The Ecal is a terrific machine but it's heavy and the weight distribution is all wrong. You can make a belt like 47th but both Anderson and Minelab have hip mounts if you're not that handy. *** Important: be sure that you protect the cables from bending and stress. ***

You can also get a new rod (I think Anderson has them) that moves the control unit to the end of the rod under your arm. This improves weight distribution but not the weight.

GOOD LUCK! It's a fun machine. Be sure to read the manual more than once - you'll learn something new each time.

Chuckie

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
CJC's book that comes with a 30 minute CD, Covers settings, to field advice. Excellent.....
IMG_0982.jpg

OP
OP
R

River Hound

Dec 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you every one for all your tips. OBN Iam going to order that book now.the detector came with the Anderson shaft I like it thanks again

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Just tell him Obn sent you....He has several books but I really like this one. It covers everything and I really like the Cd, you can load it in the car and listen. I have to say I picked up a few things when I listened and I've been using the excal for about 6 years now, the CD is 30 minutes..I do wish it was longer. One thing about the excal..it will pay for itself......Congrads on the new machine, and Happy Hunting...

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One more thing...

Minelab has an app. This will allow you to have your manual at the tip of your fingers even while you are hunting. It also allows you to keep track of your finds. Just another freebie from minelab!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread