First Face Of America

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

dognose

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2009
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Very good show, a very good tale of finding the skeleton and the people of came across the Beringia land bridge.

Thanks for posting

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Waaaaaaaaah I can’t get it to play

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Keep trying Jeff, whole lot of people watching now, I'm sure.

GREAT video TH, learned a lot with this = filling in the blanks.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You mean to say where “white man” theorized they originated?

Those same people say I evolved from some wild animal, which evolved from a single cell creature in some heated pool of stagnant water.

It makes for an interesting story, but is still a theory contrived to explain this amazing world we live in.

ecmo

Feb 28, 2016
Missouri
Detector(s) used
macro racer 2, whites mx5, whites mx sport, trx pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watched it on antenna t.v. (all I have) on PBS. One of the few intermittent times that channel came in for me. Interesting show.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watched it on antenna t.v. (all I have) on PBS. One of the few intermittent times that channel came in for me. Interesting show.
If I had my way around this house I'd settle for airwave tv instead of paying for all the worthless BS on cable these days, but my better half needs to have her meaningless IMO stuff to waist her brain cells on. She doesn't like what I watch and I can't tolerate her stuff. Still we'll find some movies we both enjoy.

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Don’t hear antenna tv too much anymore , iv worked for cable company for 13 years now when I started as a installer I would go in peoples houses that wouldn’t have furniture or running water but they had their cable ..... smh 🤦🏻*♂️

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
r I would go in peoples houses that wouldn’t have furniture or running water but they had their cable ..... smh ����
The zombies need their idiot box you know.

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sites in NA dated @ 50,000 years ago, sites in SA dated 60,000 years ago, some evidence pushes it back to 70,000 years. Science Daily https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2004/11/041118104010.htm
Native Americans have been here a long time, way before any ice age land bridge crossings. The Siberian Ice Age crossers were late comers, good show , but I am disappointed that they still push this when so much new evidence has been uncovered in the past 50 years that is ignored for basically religious and political reasons, but the facts are the facts.

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sites in NA dated @ 50,000 years ago, sites in SA dated 60,000 years ago, some evidence pushes it back to 70,000 years. Science Daily https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2004/11/041118104010.htm
Native Americans have been here a long time, way before any ice age land bridge crossings. The Siberian Ice Age crossers were late comers, good show , but I am disappointed that they still push this when so much new evidence has been uncovered in the past 50 years that is ignored for basically religious and political reasons, but the facts are the facts.
I thought the entire Beringia thing had been mostly discredited as how man first settled North & South America? People no doubt crossed it but man had been here already for thousands of years.

Tony in SC

Gold Member
Jun 8, 2006
Upstate South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I enjoyed the show but I was disappointed in their date range. There are sites all over the Americas that some think are 20K or older. There is a site here in South Carolina that could be the oldest ever found, but the Archaeologist doing the work won't come right and say it because of the flak he would get from all the na sayers.

OntarioArch

Nov 26, 2017
Cayuga County NY
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I highly recommend The First Americans: In Pursuit of Archeology's Greatest Mystery , by Adovasio and Page. Amazon has it for $16 or so. Excellent. It's the story of the archeological excavation of the Meadowcroft rock shelter in southwest PA, and its radical conclusion that the shelter was occupied some 16,000 years BP.

Most remarkable to me were two aspects of this archeological study: the attention to methodological detail and the enormous effort put into record keeping. The scientific rigor involved with this study was essential - critical - to the validity of project's conclusions. If you have never read a scientific journal article that describes these aspects of a 'dig', this book is a great place to begin. Secondly, it becomes apparent why the professionals directing this study insisted on such procedures: the professional, scientific critiques of this study's conclusions were/are brutal! The longest lasting and most vicious criticism - aimed at the heart of the entire study - was simple: contamination of samples that were radiocarbon dated.

This went on for years and is still going on! And all this for a study that "only" pushed back 'First Americans' from about 13,000 to about 16,000 years before present.

Last edited:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll stick with the party line that we originated here and didn't migrate from nowhere. Red earth, white lies. However, people are always on the move, so just like Europeans sailed across an ocean to come to North America, there could have been some Asians that for whatever reason decided to walk across an ice bridge to come here.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread