First few days doing some serious bottle hunting in the keys. How did I do?

daveycleaning

Sep 22, 2005
Well I have no clue what makes a good bottle from a worthless one but I tried to find the ones that look unique, or small medicine bottles. I looked up a few on google lens and identified a few. Seems to be from the 50s or 60s mostly. Couldn’t find anything on the food fair bottle so that one has my interest peaked. Can anyone spot any that I should be excited about? Sorry more of a metal Detectorest so this is new to me.

Attachments

• IMG_0611.jpeg
    IMG_0611.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0610.jpeg
    IMG_0610.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0612.jpeg
    IMG_0612.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0613.jpeg
    IMG_0613.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0614.jpeg
    IMG_0614.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 32

DJV

May 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I have no clue what makes a good bottle from a worthless one but I tried to find the ones that look unique, or small medicine bottles. I looked up a few on google lens and identified a few. Seems to be from the 50s or 60s mostly. Couldn’t find anything on the food fair bottle so that one has my interest peaked. Can anyone spot any that I should be excited about? Sorry more of a metal Detectorest so this is new to me.
I'd say you made a good start! I see the top of a Hutchinson-style soda bottle & lots of cobalt blue botts - well done! Time to learn all about antique bottles - go to sha.org/bottle/ - an excellent resource for information. Keep on hunting and show us your finds!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread